Defensive Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot my EDC P7 in a match last weekend and discovered two things.

First, after firing 40 or so rounds rapid fire, it gets DAMN HOT!! :firedevil:

Secondly, the sights kinda suck. I'm sure they were good in their day, but they're showing their age and it's time for an upgrade.

Anyone else carry a P7 that has upgraded the sights? Looking to know what works, and what doesn't.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I've got Trijicons on my P7M8 & P7M13--basically the same thing as the 3-dots that are standard, they just glow in the dark...so if you don't like 3-dot, there's really no change.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Short of milling some steel out of the slide, I have to agree with the others that the Triji's are the only option I have seen.

I love my P7m8. As hot as it gets, the PSP without the heat shield must get even hotter.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just touch up the stock sights with fresh sight paint. Now they're nice and bright and, personally, I see no need to change them.

As far as getting hot during a match, if the match rules permit leave the action open and pistol unholstered or un-bagged between to aid cooling between trips to the line. If unable, at least leave the action open and bag un-zipped.

I find the best solution to a hot P7 at a match is another P7. Once the first gets too hot just set it aside and pull out the second one. Alternate as required.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts