Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
I want to give you an update on the process I use once the site goes live with the new platform.

Once it goes live you will see an announcement thread created (under the admin account) here in the community support section.

You will then see my reply to the thread from my own account. Yes, I will be introducing myself to y'all again.

I will be providing you with a link to the FAQs but I will be here helping you.

As your dedicated support, I will be here with you multiple times a day, answering questions and listening to feedback.

My only request is that you remain patient with me while we work through the changes.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
I want to give you an update on the process I use once the site goes live with the new platform.

Once it goes live you will see an announcement thread created (under the admin account) here in the community support section.

You will then see my reply to the*thread from my own account. Yes, I will be introducing myself to y'all again.

I will be providing you with a link to the FAQs but I will be here helping you.

As your dedicated support, I will be here with you multiple times a day, answering questions and listening to feedback.

My only request is that you remain patient with me while we work through the changes.

- Cricket
Thank you!

·
Registered
33,971 Posts
I won't leave you hanging. I will be here to teach you. I promise.

- Cricket
You can't teach an old dog new tricks . . . or so they say. Woof!

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
I just went over to the S&W forum, posted a test pic in a thread (which took forever to figure out), couldn't find it or the thread afterwards, and had to go thru hoops to figure out where it went. Not good. This forum's gonna look and work like that one? Once again -- not good. :ticking:

·
Registered
Various
15,545 Posts
Inserting a picture in the new forum format is what I like best about it. I go to my picture library on my computer in one window then drag and drop a picture to the reply area on the forum in another window.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Inserting a picture in the new forum format is what I like best about it. I go to my picture library on my computer in one window then drag and drop a picture to the reply area on the forum in another window.
I don't know how to have two windows showing at the same time... a dinosaur, I am. :embarassed:

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
I just went over to the S&W forum, posted a test pic in a thread (which took forever to figure out), couldn't find it or the thread afterwards, and had to go thru hoops to figure out where it went. Not good. This forum's gonna look and work like that one? Once again -- not good. :ticking:
You two have very different experiences with the pictures.

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
I am going to help you learn every single feature. I promise you, with some guidance, it is so much easier than you think.

That being said, don't put the cart before the horse and worry before it happens.

It really is going to be okay.

·
Registered
33,971 Posts
I don't know how to have two windows showing at the same time... a dinosaur, I am. :embarassed:
I can't get it to work on my laptop either. I have one window or another, but never two on the screen. Without pictures, I am a man without a thousand words.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am going to help you learn every single feature. I promise you, with some guidance, it is so much easier than you think.

That being said, don't put the cart before the horse and worry before it happens.

It really is going to be okay.
not trying to predict the future but..... I left Florida Concealed Carry and evidently a lot of others did too. Hardly any posts. Many photos show up as "image may include words......" but no image. Other posts the image does show up. Have no idea why. Did not like having to learn "new" ways but it was not an overly difficult task either. ONLY new feature I liked was the button on top of each page to immediately go to "new posts". I truly hope you get it right here and that FCC fixes their issues. At one time there was very helpful information for self defense and training exchanged there.
seeing as the ADMIN HERE is CRICKET and the ADMIN AT FCC IS CRICKET I am assuming both sights are owned and operated by the same crew in Canada.

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
not trying to predict the future but..... I left Florida Concealed Carry and evidently a lot of others did too. Hardly any posts. Many photos show up as "image may include words......" but no image. Other posts the image does show up. Have no idea why. Did not like having to learn "new" ways but it was not an overly difficult task either. ONLY new feature I liked was the button on top of each page to immediately go to "new posts". I truly hope you get it right here and that FCC fixes their issues. At one time there was very helpful information for self defense and training exchanged there.
seeing as the ADMIN HERE is CRICKET and the ADMIN AT FCC IS CRICKET I am assuming both sights are owned and operated by the same crew in Canada.
Florida Concealed Carry was migrated to the new platform a little over a month ago and is still in the growing phase. There was a bug with images in some sections that has since been resolved.

Over the last year, we have migrated somewhere around 580 of our sites to the new platform. If it wasn't working, do you think we would do it? :vs_no_no_no:

I realize that you haven't been on this site long enough to know that I am beyond passionate about my work. Integrity and character are essential to me. If I didn't think this was a good move for the community, I would not be part of it. I live in Texas, near the gates of Randolph Air Force Base (JBSA-Randolph). I am an active supporter of the Second Amendment which is a big part of why I asked to be part of this community back in 2016.

Will everyone like the new forum layout immediately? Of course not. Most of y'all are like me and are creatures of habit so you will grumble, spit and sputter, and fuss for a bit. Will everything go perfectly? Of course not. Technology rarely does. But I will be here to work through any glitches we run into and to help you learn how to use the platform. We will see regular updates to the platform that are largely fueled by member feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers.

Give it some time. I have a feeling you will end up liking it. :vs_love:

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
With everything else going on in the world right now, having to learn a new internet forum platform is hardly a concern.

·
Registered
58 Posts
for a time I lived in Richardson just north of Dallas. Been working with computers for most of my life. My comment was honest and also my way passing along some trivial information. BTY, I still can only see half of the images on the FCC website. Posted to the help forum there so will see if they can direct me. No problem at all on this current web application you are running. Great bunch of members you have on this site too!Wish you luck as the results will effect me too.

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
I noticed on the National; Gun Forum, which is what you said was going to be our new format here that it does not look like you get a notification
when someone responds to one of your posts, or individual notification of they liked your post or mentioned your name in one of their posts.
Hard to keep track of folks responding to your posts without that feature.
Will that feature be lost here when y'all switch over?

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
I noticed on the National; Gun Forum, which is what you said was going to be our new format here that it does not look like you get a notification
when someone responds to one of your posts, or individual notification of they liked your post or mentioned your name in one of their posts.
Hard to keep track of folks responding to your posts without that feature.
Will that feature be lost here when y'all switch over?
The feature is not lost. It is a setting. I will help you with it when we go live with the new site.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
I've been on other forums that had, along with the "like" button, a "LOL" button and a "Love" button.

They got used all the time. I know the "love" thing sounds weird but sometimes you don't just "like" a post, you "love" that post.

I'd like to see those options here too.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Mod's OR SOMEBODY! For the past few day's I've not been able to post pictures! I've NEVER HAD ISSUES! Go to advanced. Click "insert image". Select my image & "choose file", which it "add's! When I "click upload files", it does NOTHING! Tried again & again, & "nothing happens!" I've never had problems, in all my years here! Does this have to do with the forum changes made? Am I missing something?

61 - 80 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.