Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Administrator
1,501 Posts
Well-well, I'm here to tell you, that I'm very sad today.
And the reason is, because I experienced many so called upgrading/updating.
It never but never turned out for the better, always for the much worst.
For a lately example, there was S&W forums.....
A few weeks later, it's totally destroyed, abandoned.
You are on your way to become history too.
And this prediction was made by Joe the HUN.

This community is not about the forum software we use. It never has been.

It is about the amazing members of this community.

·
Registered
34,024 Posts
I even amaze myself at times.

Reactions: Cricket and Pete63

·
Premium Member
3,981 Posts
I tried to change my password because the one I wrote down doesn't work any more. I can get the forum generated password and copy/paste it into the log in, but I can't change it to a password I can remember.

The one I used to use got lost in the glitch last month.

I go through the steps and get all the way to the last page, but then the page doesn't update...it just sits there.

I guess I can just use this one till it doesn't work again, but I'll never remember it.

Ugh...I love computers till it comes to password changes.

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
I tried to change my password because the one I wrote down doesn't work any more. I can get the forum generated password and copy/paste it into the log in, but I can't change it to a password I can remember.

I go through the steps and get all the way to the last page, but then the page doesn't update...it just sits there.

I guess I can just use this one till it doesn't work again, but I'll never remember it.

J.L. You can just use mine: it's PETE63isGREAT! :wink: SEE, it's got all the typical character's asked for when generating a new password!

Go to settings. Column on left has "edit email and password". I'd think that would allow you to reset it to what I suggested. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jeanlouise

·
Premium Member
3,981 Posts
J.L. You can just use mine: it's PETE63isGREAT! :wink: SEE, it's got all the typical character's asked for when generating a new password!

Go to settings. Column on left has "edit email and password". I'd think that would allow you to reset it to what I suggested. :rolleyes:
LOL...thanks Pete but if I try that, I'll probably never be able to log in again.

Maybe once they make the change tomorrow, the log-in will go smoother. I hope.

·
Administrator
1,501 Posts

I am going to send you a message. Check it before we go live and I will help you change it. Worst-case scenario you can always click the lost password link.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,501 Posts
Okay, this is me keeping y'all in the loop again.

I receive a preview for the forum header image.

Keep in mind the forum will be set up to automatically size based on the device and monitor size you are using.

If you access the site from your phone, it will look like this.

dcphone.png

If you access the site from your computer using a wide monitor, it is going to look more like this.

dcwidescreen.png

I fully realize that some of you are going to truly hate the banner image, and that's okay. We are starting with this one. If we absolutely hate it, later on, we can always send a request for a new one.

So don't be yelling at me about it. :vs_smirk:

- Cricket

·
Registered
968 Posts
I can't remember my password to change it. Settings only show me the dots.

In my experience with other forums using the lost password link sent to me by email is that link sent doesn't work. It would be best to change it now if only I could remember the original.

It's possible progress is once again poised to pass me by

·
Premium Member
3,981 Posts
I can't remember my password to change it. Settings only show me the dots.

In my experience with other forums using the lost password link sent to me by email is that link sent doesn't work. It would be best to change it now if only I could remember the original.

It's possible progress is once again poised to pass me by
I could change my password but I couldn't get the system to take it.

Cricket fixed it for me. I have a feeling she's going to be very busy tomorrow, poor girl.

You can log out and then request a new password...the one they send you will work but it's impossible to remember. Like this: #4&-{{"=6^5%4$

If you do it, be sure to "copy" and "paste"...that way it will be right.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I could change my password but I couldn't get the system to take it.

Cricket fixed it for me. I have a feeling she's going to be very busy tomorrow, poor girl.

You can log out and then request a new password...the one they send you will work but it's impossible to remember. Like this: #4&-{{"=6^5%4$

If you do it, be sure to "copy" and "paste"...that way it will be right.
I logged out and then requested the password change. They sent a link to my email. Says to visit the page and another email will be sent with a password.
When I click on the link it tells me this
The address that you have used to request a new password is not valid. Please request a new password be sent to you by using this form.
when I click on the use this form it just starts the whole tedious process over and over and over.
This is what happens on the other forums I request a password reset.

·
Administrator
1,501 Posts
I logged out and then requested the password change. They sent a link to my email. Says to visit the page and another email will be sent with a password.
When I click on the link it tells me this when I click on the use this form it just starts the whole tedious process over and over and over.
This is what happens on the other forums I request a password reset.
I will send you a private message.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,501 Posts
As of right now, barring any complications, we are on track to go live tomorrow.

Be patient with me during the process, as I will be right here with you, but I will have work to do behind the scenes as well.

We will have a new Feedback thread tomorrow where I will be asking for all feedback and questions to be posted rather than starting new threads. (Mods/Admin you will have your own dedicated feedback thread tomorrow as well.)

This thread will now be closed to avoid confusion tomorrow as to where your feedback and questions should be posted.

I am counting on y'all to be on your best behavior, dang it! :vs_love:

- Cricket

101 - 114 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.