Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a Call from my FFL to come and Pick up my latest Snubbie. It has been on my Bucket List for a Long time but they are almost impossible to find especially today.
It's a S&W Performance Center 640 Pro 38/357. The trigger pull has got to be around 13lbs and the Rubber Grips will be replaced with others, but with a little work she should be a fine carry piece.
640 PRO B.jpg
640 PRO 1.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,529 Posts
Nice revolver. I have my eye on one like it. Congratulations.

Reactions: Nipperdog

·
Registered
783 Posts
Alright! I always enjoy knowing someone has acquired a good snubbie. Congrats.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Got a Call from my FFL to come and Pick up my latest Snubbie. It has been on my Bucket List for a Long time but they are almost impossible to find especially today.
It's a S&W Performance Center 640 Pro 38/357. The trigger pull has got to be around 13lbs and the Rubber Grips will be replaced with others, but with a little work she should be a fine carry piece. View attachment 333444 View attachment 333445
Beautiful.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I have the 642. It came with a horrible trigger! I bought a Wolf spring kit for it . the stock setup was way off the scale on my trigger scale it reads 0 - 10 lbs. during the trigger pull it had places that would hang up and others that the trigger jumped back. I opened it up intending to do a fluff an buff, and spring replacement. But what I found was all it really needed was to have the trigger return slide smoothed and that slides return spring replaced. That brought the trigger weight down to 9 lbs but also smoothed the trigger action into something that was a long smooth pull. It really has a nice pull now and I have not had any light strikes. DR

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the 642. It came with a horrible trigger! I bought a Wolf spring kit for it . the stock setup was way off the scale on my trigger scale it reads 0 - 10 lbs. during the trigger pull it had places that would hang up and others that the trigger jumped back. I opened it up intending to do a fluff an buff, and spring replacement. But what I found was all it really needed was to have the trigger return slide smoothed and that slides return spring replaced. That brought the trigger weight down to 9 lbs but also smoothed the trigger action into something that was a long smooth pull. It really has a nice pull now and I have not had any light strikes. DR
I had some Wolff Rebound springs in my parts box. I tried a 16lb, and it was still a little heavy, and a 12lb caused the trigger return to be sluggish, I am not changing the Factory Mainspring to retain reliability. It seems that a 14lb is what I need, but naturally I didn't have any. I ordered a few from Wolff. I also ordered a Beautiful set of VZ Grips. Although the night sights are dated 2013, they still glow brightly. I will post again when the new grips arrive.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
I also have this gun! I did some trigger work and worked on the return surfaces of the star (where the hand falls during trigger reset) and got the trigger pull down to about 10 pounds.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I had some Wolff Rebound springs in my parts box. I tried a 16lb, and it was still a little heavy, and a 12lb caused the trigger return to be sluggish, I am not changing the Factory Mainspring to retain reliability. It seems that a 14lb is what I need, but naturally I didn't have any. I ordered a few from Wolff. I also ordered a Beautiful set of VZ Grips. Although the night sights are dated 2013, they still glow brightly. I will post again when the new grips arrive.
I honestly got the most change by smoothing the trigger return slide. once that was smoothed up even the lightest spring would give a positive trigger return. I really like mine now. it has become the only gun I carry. Good Luck. DR

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a set of VZ grips coming today according to UPS Tracking. Gun in photo isn't mine but is used just to model the grips. Mine should look exactly the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
It's a S&W Performance Center 640 Pro 38/357. The trigger pull has got to be around 13lbs and the Rubber Grips will be replaced with others, but with a little work she should be a fine carry piece. View attachment 333618 View attachment 333619
I love the sights.

I have a non-PC version. Trigger feels like 12 lbs to me.

It is a great gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 22 Posts