Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wonderful woman that is my fiancee wants some ideas for a carry goodie, for me for Christmas Be it a new folding knife or a new flashlight or whatever. I have a Benchmade folder and a Surefire Light for EDC use, but can always use another or any other carry goodies. Anything you guys can think of you cant live without? Keep in mind she is a college student with a limited budget. I know there is some really neat stuff out there really reasonably priced. Get creative, and provide links if possible. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not just looking for a light necessarily but a gizmo, gadget or doodad that is in your carry package. I will look at the light and consider it though so thank you for the suggestion.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
More ammo and a 'certificate' to a SD pistol course...:yup::danceban:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like I said...a college student with a limited budget. She has already done a lot of Christmas shopping for me. This is just more stuff she wants to get me. Classes ans expensive ammo are kind of out of the range. thanks for the suggestions though. Surely youall have your favorite little widget that youtell everybody they need one of. Like I said be creative.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Reasonably priced? How about some of these options in the range of $20.00 ~ $40.00.

• Gun Shop Gift Certificate
  • Bore Inspection Light
  • Multi-Function Knife
  • Renaissance Wax
  • Gun Cleaning Kit
  • Gun Tool(s)
  • Bore Snake
  • Gun Rug
  • Ammo
  • Belt

Regards,
Dan

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was wanting a Beltman...but she doesnt have a spare 80 plus dollars. Can anybody recommend a good quality leather belt for gun carrying purposes at less than 80 bucks? My gift can be a bag, a watch, a light, a tool, anything within a reasonable two figure price.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I was wanting a Beltman...but she doesnt have a spare 80 plus dollars. Can anybody recommend a good quality leather belt for gun carrying purposes at less than 80 bucks? My gift can be a bag, a watch, a light, a tool, anything within a reasonable two figure price.
Take a look at local leather shops in your area. A nice, thick, custom crafted belt may run you half of the Beltman price.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Come on guys surely you all have some ideas of stuff I cant live without.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Horizontal flashlight holster, $25

JS Horizontal Light/Baton Holster

mag wallet (for single stack mags) and mag buddy (for double stack mags) - scroll down, $15-20

A Better Holster

Coleman Max 115 lumen flashlight, $25 at Wal Mart (I think Target has similar) - smaller than a Surefire, cheaper, has LED bulb and tailcap switch (only drawback is it uses CR2 batteries, not 123's)

Spyderco Native folding knife - $40ish at Wal Mart, IIRC

Merry Merry!

·
Registered
431 Posts
^ That flashlight is great

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Center of Mass safe
Uplula pistol loader

·