Defensive Carry banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Taurus 905/9mm revolver as a backup to my CCW Sigs. I took my revolver to the range for some familiarity fire and noticed that the hammer was light striking the primers using Win WB/124gr FMJ on a couple of the cartridges. Do I have a developing problem or do you think the hammer just needs to be cycled through some more?

<P> FYI: This is my first centerfire wheel gun. I previously had a Smith .22 cal but sold it a few years ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A little over $400 & change

That incl state tax. I took it shooting again and this time, it will thru 50 rds of 124 gr/ FMJ without any light primer hits. It must have been its newness that did some the first time I shot it.

BTW -- Does anyone know if 147 gr/JHP is OK to put thru it. It just seems too small to take it. I am pretty sure the felt recoil will be slightly harsher if I feed that thru the 2\" barrel.:O

·
Registered
5 Posts
there should not be any reason that 147gr/JHPs would be a problem. take a look at your manual or marking on the barrel/gun for +P ammunition. Using +P ammo in a gun not designed for higher pressures should be the only limiting factor in ammo choice.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Does it just take the 9mm into the cylinder, or does it require moon clips?

I\'m thinking about one for revolver centerfire stuff for the kids I teach because we\'re restricted to factory ammo and 9mm is a heck of a lot cheaper out of my pocket than .38 special.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts