Defensive Carry banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My G2c had been flawless. I expect the same from the G3c which was improved based on customers requests.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
After my PT-145 gave me a six-month hair pulling episode, I decided to be fair and give Taurus another chance. So I bought a TCP738. One thing that influenced my decision was that the slide locked back once the mag was empty, which the LCP didn't do at the time.

Well... I cleaned it, oiled it, and took it to the range. By the time I got to the third or fourth mag, every other pull of the trigger resulted in, "click." I didn't know what was happening. Each time I would cycle the slide, thinking there was a failure to feed. Nope. Everything looked fine. I continued. "Click." About every third attempted shot was a failure.

Finally one of the range/gun store employees stepped out and asked me what was going on. He took the gun back to gunsmithing to be checked out. He came back in a bit and said, "Sir, this gun is BROKEN." Sure enough, something in the trigger mechanism was broken on this brand new gun.

I didn't buy it from Gander Mountain, but they were a Taurus dealer. So, I took it there to coordinate the trip to their customer service (in Florida, I think). I kept reading about how their service took months. Well, guess what? I got mine back in about two weeks and it was just as broken as when it left.

Right there on the spot, the day it came back to Gander Mountain, I sold it to them for peanuts just to get it gone. I totally took a bath on that deal, but I didn't care. I just wanted it gone. Shortly after, I traded the PT-145 and good riddance.

Sorry, but that's one company that will require at lease FIVE YEARS of a great reputation to ever convince me again.

I respect the right of anyone to buy Taurus or any other brand of their choice, but as long as there are guns for just a little more money that instill a whole lot more confidence in me, I'll pass on Taurus.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
You mean "had."
No offense, but I've heard this before. I'm not saying it's incorrect, but I've heard too many times in the past about the "new, improved Taurus quality control."

I bought the Bull and got the horns. Twice.

And please don't misunderstand; I seriously hope that anyone who owns a Taurus will get 100,000 trouble-free rounds. I really do. I'm not the least bit into saying, "I told you so" or whatever. I don't wish a bad gun on anyone. But if anyone comes to me and asks, I'll never recommend that brand. I've heard way too many horror stories.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
I owned a G2c and shot 300 rds thru it straight from the box using cheap ammo without a single hitch. I would still own it if the G3c would not have come out. Both guns were/are for home defense and sit in the nightstand drawer. Neither was a range gun. But I have 100% confidence the G3c will do the job for what I need it for.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts