Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to do some tradin to get it - but today got a new PT145. Looking forward to some range time with it - may take a while tho...

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Had to do some tradin to get it - but today got a new PT145. Looking forward to some range time with it - may take a while tho...
Wow, I never even looked into a pt145 but after doing a bit of quick research I have to admit I'm a bit sad I went straight for the glock-19 for my CCW. That PT145 looks like a heck of a nice gun. 11 Rounds of .45 in a pretty small package and it has got good reviews. I am quite eager to hear a range report.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Heck of a thump to it. I just went to the range today. It had been at least three months since I last went. I forgot what it felt like. I carry mine everyday.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No pics right now - it's still goobed up in the plastic bag from Taurus. Gotta do some cleaning up & then pics will be posted.

BTW - Where do you guys upload pics (what website) to post from?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have one

Had mine for a while, has around 350-400rds (+/-) HATED the straight 8 sights, so it sat for some time, early this summer I finally got around to switching the sights to Williams Fire Sights (fiber optics), have gotten it out to the range once since the swap and like them much better!

Over all it's a nice little pistol but I kinda wish I had a second gen (dao) over the current model (sa/da re-strike).

AC.-You can use any number of sites for photos, I've used Photobucket for uploads in the past.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Had some tough luck with mine, but it admittedly was a very early model. Have heard good stuff about 'em since I bailed-out. Interested in continued report after you run the snot out of it. Always was impressed with the "power-to-weight" ratio.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think you will like this little canon! They conceal really well and mine is accurate right out of the box! I also have a Glock 22 and the recoil of the 145 is about the same to me.....Enjoy

·
Registered
484 Posts
I had a 3rd gen PT145 that never would feed with a full magazine, and rarely make it through the rest of the mag. I tried 3 new mags with the same problem. Maybe I should have sent the gun itself back to Taurus. I loved the concealability of the gun, just never got it running good. Ended up selling it and picked up a Glock 19, then a 5" 1911, then (finally) my Detonics CM. Hope you got one that runs good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hope yours is better then mine was. I bought one in April of 08 and put a couple hundred rounds through it. I hated the trigger and could never get over having the trigger break point less then 1/8" from the grip frame.
After less then 1000 rounds my gun developed a frame crack. Taurus did fix the problem and sent a new frame back to me in about 6 weeks.

I thought I'd jump on this board and create an account after lurking for awhile on some others. Hope it's not an issue to post a link to my Taurus experience over at another board.

Taurus PT145 Millenium PRO FRAME CRACK - Glock Talk

-Jeremy

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
My PT745, the slimline version with 6+1 capacity, should be here tomorrow or Thursday and I'm pumped.

Congrats!

:wave:

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
It was the best of guns; it was the worst of guns.

Mine works!

·
Registered
521 Posts
It was the best of guns; it was the worst of guns.

Mine works!
Thats taurus. They are definitely hit or miss. I love how they are very innovative and cutting edge. But sometimes their reliability can be..a bit wanting.
I have a buddy who has a 9mm 24/7 and is very happy w/it. My brother has a pt-92 and loves it. I've had so so luck w/3 Taurus revos.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have had great luck with all of mine. I'm sure you will love it....

·
Registered
649 Posts
I owned one a few years back trigger sucked and never got a full magazine to feed thru it, which was terribly irritating. They may be improved from the one I had.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Good Looking Gun Army Cop,

I have 2 of the version just before yours. Mine do not have the Heine Straight Eight's. They have the 3 dot sights that are mounted using allen head cap screws. Here are a few pictures. One has the stainless slide the other is black oxide. No problems with either and I have over 5000 rounds through them together.

I carry mine IWB in a Tucker Texas Heritage holster.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
I'm about to join your ranks. Rather than the PT745 in blue, I'm going with the PT145 in stainless, thanks to the folks on here and at TaurusArmed.net.

:embarassed:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts