Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*note: Sorry, I couldn't find my magazine that I saw it in*

**But I did find it on their website**

What do ya'll think about this for a conceal carry pistol?

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?model=4410TKR-2SS&category=Revolver

The write up was interesting because they (I think it was Guns magazine) looked at it as a concealed carry weapon. With having a 410ga shell as your first shot and then the rest followed by .45LC.

It's interesting to say the least. They only tested shot and not slugs (not sure if it's able to take slugs) but as your first shot, would be interesting (providing that the incident takes place at the "normal for incidents" range of 5 to 7 feet.

Would you use as a BUG or even as a primary (lets say that you carried ankle or something).

Wayne

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
Looks long in the frame for a BUG. Might be hard to conceal on a ankle or such. no idea on the .410 as a defensive load.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
.410 might just piss the BG off, depending on how far away

·
Registered
354 Posts
I would not think a 410 out of a 2 something inch barrel would be much good. the 410 seems a mighty strange choice except with shot as some sort of snake eliminator. the 45 colt can be loaded quite potent for a pistol round, of course, but the gun seems to little too big/heavy for concealment.
God Bless

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
My opinion is.....don't even think about carring a shotgun-pistol for CC. Why??...penetration,innocent bystanders availability of (kinda) useable ammo,just to name a few. Pattern size outta a rifled bore??also_Oh,and also...training at the range. How would that look? If my choices were a 8-10 shot .22 or a shot pistol I would take the .22. But that's just me. -------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts