Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone.

My name is Tony and I went to Stephen F. Austin State University, graduated in 1998 and their mascot is the lumberjack. So, Lumberjack98 or LJ.

I was born in Virginia, moved to Atlanta when I was 1, then to St. Louis when I was 10, then to San Antonio when I was 14, then to Dallas when I was 15 and finished out high school at Plano Senior High.

I was introduced to guns by my maternal grandfather. He was a farmer in Ohio. I learned early on how to take out Groundhogs and Sparrows with a single shot Winchester 22 (which I now own). I did this for many summers.

My father then bought me a BB gun without my mother's approval (a pattern in my family that continues to this day) when I was 7. I spent the better part of 3-4 years everyday after school in the creek behind our house in Atlanta with that BB gun.

I purchased my first "real rifle" when I was 10. It was a Marlin 22 (17 shots if i recall the tube magazine) with a scope. I was allowed to keep the rifle above my bed in a gun rack with the ammo in a drawer. I still have this rifle but it is not in working order.

My father fostered my love of shooting sports by taking me shooting as much as possible. He is former Army Special Forces, so he taught me a few things about shooting.

I was in Army ROTC in high school and got as much rifle time as possible. I trained with the rifle team, but never competed with them.

I bought a Winchester 12 guage shotgun for dove hunting right after high school. I have used it for hunting twice.

I purchased a Marlin 30-06 rifle for deer hunting when I was in college and have never been hunting with it.

I first shot a pistol with I was 20. It was a Beretta 92. I fell in love immediately.

My first pistol was a Beretta 96, shortly followed by a Ruger MKII. These were purchased when I was 28.

I did a lot of research and fell in love with the Springfield Armory XD. I am a member of Texas XD Practical Shooters Association (www.txdpsa.com) and serve as a range officer at the meets.

Professionally I am a CPA with UHY LLP and work as a corporate auditor on mid-size companies. I have been doing this for the past 7 years.

I am married and have a son.

My wife also loves to shoot and I anticipate that she will be coming to the TXDPSA meets in the near future.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
welcome

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Tony - thx for the intro - and -

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Glad your here.