Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lived in North Carolina all my life, so far, and I have owned a 9mm/40 cal (92/96) Beretta combo, (which I love to shoot,:banana: ) for roughly 5 years now. I am FINALLY in the process of getting my CCW permit. I am shopping around for a new pistol to carry full time, once I get my permit.

I have been looking on the website for several weeks now and I really enjoy the site. This site is helping me a good bit with my decision on my next pistol.

I appreciate everyone that contributes to the site, and hopefully I will be able to give a little something back.

Have a good day. :smile:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Welcome from Elizabethtown, NC. Took me two months to receive my CCW after I completed everything and turned it in and paid my money. There are so many good carry guns out there and you'll get many opinions here but remember this -- get the one that feels best in your hand and you shoot best. 9mm, .40. .45, pistol, revolver, whatever. Get the one you feel best about and can handle best, then practice, practice, practice! Caliber does matter but, IMHO, not as much as shot placement and knowing what you are doing. Then pray that you will never have to use it for anything other than fun. Shoot well and shoot safe!:wave:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Welcome antgriff. Check out the smaller 1911's in 45 acp for your next pistol. Lot of power in a small package. I recently purchased a Detonics USA CombatMaster. It's a great pistol. There are also many other good ones on the market. I'm sure you'll get all the advice you need on this forum, and more.....Bob

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
unless Mecklenburg County has changed it's stance, expect the full 90 day waiting period. If you haven't received it after 60, nicely ask them if it might have been lost, and let them know that they MUST issue in 90 days, if your clean.

Take advantage of GRNC.org web page. They are excellent about helping us keep up with gun laws.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Welcome from Idaho antgriff

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome to the forum - :smilez:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Ant - welcome to CC - hope we can help in your decision making. :smilez:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the welcome

And thanks for your quick suggestions on what to look for.

As CZMAN2006 suggested, I will only buy something that feels right in my hand and looks good when I am looking down the sites. That is one reason I am leaning toward a CZ-75 compact .40 as one of my pistol choices.

And I am also looking at a compact 1911 type also. Although, I have not really heard anything about the "Detonics USA" brand yet. I have mostly been considering a Kimber or Para Ord.

Thanks for the info and the welcome.

I hope to talk with you all soon on the forum.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Good choices, antgriff. Partial to CZ's myself but just this week I bought a Sig P226R. If you're considering a compact 1911, also might want to consider Springfield Armory. I have a Para C7.45, my first gun purchase, which is pretty good but I'd go for Kimber or Springfield if I was buying another one. Again, you have many good ones to choose from. Shoot well.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Welcome ant.
I purchased a Kimber ultra carry a few months back. It's one of the best things I did in a long time.
I suppose if you go with a compact 1911, you won't regret it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.