Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am in process of getting CWP in SC.

have been recommended to get the Utah permit (which supposedly allows reciprocal carry in a large # of states).

1. anybody in SC? Any recommendations on the folks in W. COlumbia who teach? Or the fellow (Curry?) who teaches a course?

2. Thoughts on the Utah permit (in addition to SC permit), as opposed the SC permit only?

I'm new to this but am not new to guns. have a handful of various semiautos (P95, XD9, MarkII,etc) as well as plenty of long guns....

thx

Dave

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from SE Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Greetings and Welcome from Fayetteville, NC!!!

Your Northern Neighbors!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
welcome from the upstate!!! neither the course or class should be a problem for an experanced shooter. you might want to check into classes in other areas. we had several from cola in our class.they said there was a long wait for local classes.

·
Super Moderator
25,561 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

have been recommended to get the Utah permit (which supposedly allows reciprocal carry in a large # of states).
If not Utah, you can also get a Florida permit, also allows for a large number of states.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Welcome.

I took my South Carolina CCW course from these folks. I think they were pretty good.

The Utah permit allows a lot of states. The only catch is you have to take a class from a Utah certified instructor. There are a lot of these in other states, so you can probably find one here in SC. The Florida permit is honored in a similar number of states allows, and it allows a lot more latitude in fulfilling their training requirement (including NRA courses) so it's a little easier to find an instructor. The fellow I took the SC CWP course from also taught us an NRA basic pistol course, which qualifies for the Florida permit.

·
Registered
12 Posts

1. anybody in SC? Any recommendations on the folks in W. COlumbia who teach? Or the fellow (Curry?) who teaches a course?
I took my course from Curry assuming you're talking about the guy at sccwp.net. You won't have any issues passing the course as long as you aren't a horrible shot. He dropped off the paperwork the next business day after the course at SLED so you'll only have to wait for SLED to process it.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
:wave: Hi and welcome from Fort Worth TX!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
welcome from the panhandle of Texas

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.