Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum is awsome. I recently had a wake-up call. About a month ago, my next door neighbor had a house invasion about dusk. Someone tapped on his door, then tapped on his front window. Kramer (I nicknamed him because he looks just like Kramer on Seinfeld) opened the door thinking it was his brother. A hooded gent stepped in, put a gun to his head, and made him and his wife lie on the floor while the other two hooded gents made off with his new wide screen tv, new stereo, dish network receiver and other things. The thieves told them not to move and they left. Later, Kramer told me he was shaking like a leaf on a tree and the pistol looked like it was two feet long.
I've had a permit for years but only carried my pistol in my car or truck.
I promptly had my wife and son (a med student in Bham) get a permit. I got my son & I a Kahr PM-40 and gave my S&W 38 airwieght to my wife along with a conceal carry purse. Later this year, my daughter is getting a permit; she also is in college and when she drives home from Bham & now she never stops except to get gas.

After scanning the forum I was enthused and motivated by all the great posts so I decided to dig out all my leather working tools that I'd packed away for 30yrs and make some holsters. While waiting on some new leather, I decided to practice and made one out of some 30yr old scrap pieces that I had. It was tuff trying to mold but was surprised at how good it turned out.
I also recently got a Ruger LCP & a Tarus P-738 for backups. I've had several close calls in the past & should have been carrying long time ago. "How Sweet It Is" Keep up the good work everyone.
I apologize for the long post

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Yikes...scary situation. Welcome to DC!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Welcome from Central Texas!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina...

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome from Perry County.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Premium Member
4,682 Posts
Welcome from Savannah :wave:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
:022: from Ga. Welcome to DC.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

It would have been much nicer for your neighbor to have had a 'lead' welcoming committee:dead::dead::dead:.:comeandgetsome:...and he shouldn't have opened the door without knowing 'who' was knocking...I always look out the side window first.:yup:

ret :31:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.