Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the combination of households we were in need of a gun safe. Did some research, looked all over and found a RedHead 25 gun safe from Bass Pro Shops. I found out Browning makes the safe for them and that sold me. Sister used to work for BPS and wanted the 1856 model they carry. We looked at that one and then some others elsewhere but kept coming back to that one until we looked at the RedHead. What sold us on this one is the extra storage room on the door for long guns and the combo dial instead of an electronic lock, what put it over the top was being built by Browning.

They delivered faster than advertised, 4 days vs 5-7. We're very happy with it. The bonus is according to the BPS website it does not have holes for a light or dehumidifier, wrong! Big as life there is a predrilled hole for both! I'd post pictures but my confuser is not saving the 900x900 version of the photo for some reason. When I figure out whats wrong I'll post pics.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
This thread is no good without pictures.
You got it! :smile:

CWO's on a boat paddling all day ~ when he gets home he can give more info on it. This safe is awesome, bigger than the one I had wanted before but with the two of us and our wish list this one won out. Gosh it's made nice!

On a side note, the week he wanted to purchase it I prayed about it and told him to wait and pay another bill because it was going to go on sale per the Holy Spirit during my prayer. There is faith...and then there is great faith. I have great faith, and of course...the safe was on sale the next week and no I had no inside info except from prayer. Sorry though, only works for those with Great faith, can't have that half baked faith and hear :wink:
My God is an Awesome God!

Safe1.jpg Safe2.jpg Safe3.jpg

Note: Safe lining is not pink, it's light brown but pic doesn't show it.

·
Premium Member
5,465 Posts
Browning safes rock. That's what I own. I too, prefer a combo over electronic lock. I can open it QUICK! Good score!

:banana:

I would have thought for sure you would have gone with the pink interior! :image035:

Reactions: Sister and CWOUSCG

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
That's what I need.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congrats on the new safe, I have the same safe but from Browning dealer. They do have a flaw though,fr the first year everytime we opened it a new gun had magically appeared in it. Now the darn thing is full and it needs a sibling for the overflow. Maybe yours wont be flawed. :image035:

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Wow! Great safe, even GREATER...on-sale story! :congrats:

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats on the new safe, I have the same safe but from Browning dealer. They do have a flaw though,fr the first year everytime we opened it a new gun had magically appeared in it. Now the darn thing is full and it needs a sibling for the overflow. Maybe yours wont be flawed. :image035:
Didn't you see Sisters thread asking about a KSG? :image035: Or her comments about getting a Walther PPQ 45? :danceban:

Reactions: Sister

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
Great minds run in the same channel: We bought a new safe this week also - after talking about it and researching for about 7 years! Would have loved to have the one you got. You got a way better price with that sale too! We had to buy locally to get delivery and installation. Gramps is just not up to drilling bolts into concrete - straight down - anymore. He is up to cleaning out the closet thoroughly, reorganizing and doing some needed touch up painting. We're ready for the installer now.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great minds run in the same channel: We bought a new safe this week also - after talking about it and researching for about 7 years! Would have loved to have the one you got. You got a way better price with that sale too! We had to buy locally to get delivery and installation. Gramps is just not up to drilling bolts into concrete - straight down - anymore. He is up to cleaning out the closet thoroughly, reorganizing and doing some needed touch up painting. We're ready for the installer now.
Congratulations to you too! Hope you enjoy yours as much as we're liking ours. FedEx delivered right to the door. Gave the driver 20 bucks to help me get it in the house. Luckily I'm still able to run a drill but my day is coming I'm sure!

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
This getting a safe thing is turning into sort of like getting a gun: THEN you start buying accessories...........etc. Yours came with that super handy pocket organizer thing on the door. Ours didn't.

I got a dehumidifier gizzy that doesn't need to be plugged in all the time. It has an indicator with orange beads in it. When the beads turn green you take it out and plug it in an outlet for a few hours to re-dry the contents. Also ordered some clip over the shelf gun holders that go in the barrel so you can hang guns from a shelf. Might get other "accessories" but have to wait until we get the safe and get our stuff in it. I checked the humidity in the closet where it will be living and for insurance am going to get another one of those gizzies in the larger capacity size to keep the humidity down inside the closet also.

Reactions: CWOUSCG and Sister

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
I'd love a safe like that but it wold have to be in Garage . Someday !

Reactions: CWOUSCG and Sister

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This getting a safe thing is turning into sort of like getting a gun: THEN you start buying accessories...........etc. Yours came with that super handy pocket organizer thing on the door. Ours didn't.

I got a dehumidifier gizzy that doesn't need to be plugged in all the time. It has an indicator with orange beads in it. When the beads turn green you take it out and plug it in an outlet for a few hours to re-dry the contents. Also ordered some clip over the shelf gun holders that go in the barrel so you can hang guns from a shelf. Might get other "accessories" but have to wait until we get the safe and get our stuff in it. I checked the humidity in the closet where it will be living and for insurance am going to get another one of those gizzies in the larger capacity size to keep the humidity down inside the closet also.
Love to accessorize! :dance ban: Especially when its guns or motorcycles! :danceban::danceban::danceban:

Reactions: ShooterGranny
1 - 15 of 15 Posts