Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Rocky's "Comdition Yellow" thread I decided to come up with a new way to shoot at my range in the woods. There's about an 80 yard stretch that runs in front of my targets. Alot of you said it's hard to draw and shoot from a vehicle, so I'm going to set up my 2 silhouette targets and drive, stop about 15-20 feet from them, draw and fire until I can do it perfectly. Thanks for the new idea people!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Message to BG's - do NOT contemplate an armed car-jacking of folks called Justin :biggrin:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Such is the advantage of having a "private range" I can shoot what I want, when i want, and while driving whatever I want. Now if I could just talk my friend into flying his plane to within handgun range of my targets.....

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
To say I'm "green with envy" would be an understatement!

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
perhaps some training with draw and fire with an airsoft replica would be a good first step. Don't need holes in your mirror or door. Lots of things to snag your gun on.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
AIR SOFT!!! Man we carry real guns; why some of us are real men (and women - Betty, Miggy, & Stacey, and please forgive if I left one of our valued women out - senior brain and all...). Although people who know us best may not think so.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
airsoft is a great training aid for not shooting yourself while trying new tactics and such. Say what ya want about it, but I can practice anytime day or night indoors and not disturb anyone too. I have real guns , but also like to train hard/ fight easy. I would rather have a 6mm BB bouncing around the inside of my truck than a 180 grn. bullet .

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
I too have a range in my "backyard" and often practice drawing and shooting from the vehicle, both stopped and moving. The ground is a bit rough so moving over 5-10 mph is out but a slow roll does make things interesting.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
I wuz just kiddin guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts