Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally bit the bullet and got my first wheel gun. I have heard good and bad things about the Taurus line of revolvers, so I went with it. It is a Taurus 605 SS I got new at the gunshow down here for 360. Sounded like a good deal to me!!!

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Nice weapon! :smile:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice new gun. Can't ever go wrong with a good revolver. I've had bad experiences with the Taurus Semis, but haven't had any with the revolvers.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Aaahhh let the wheels keep turning.

Nice gun.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
The squeaky wheel get the grease, but I don't think they greased you too bad.:rofl:

Z

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Nice choice, let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Well I finally bit the bullet and got my first wheel gun. I have heard good and bad things about the Taurus line of revolvers, so I went with it. It is a Taurus 605 SS I got new at the gunshow down here for 360. Sounded like a good deal to me!!!
I have one identical to that. Cost was a bit less than that, a year more or less ago.

It has been no problem, whatsoever. I am careful not to dry fire without snap caps (long story. Just don't.).

HKS speedloaders didn't clear the factory grip. I ended up with an Uncle Mike's boot grip and a longer Uncle Mike's. Neither is still made. The one looks to be about the same as the Hogue Monogrip. Pachmayr gripper likewise had trouble w/ speedloaders.

I haven't had more than a couple cylinder's worth of .357 through it. A bit too much, even with the bigger grip.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new pistola..... :congrats:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Ah, a wheelie(wub). everybody needs at least one.
Skip the speedloader and try speed strips instead, much faster for me, smaller profile and easier to stash in a pocket.:smile:

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Nice gun,must be sumpin in the air

·
Registered
307 Posts
Congrats, Great looking Gun, may it serve you well

·
Registered
363 Posts
Nice looking gun.
I agree with Rugergirl on the speed strips over the speed loaders, it takes more practice to get fast with them (at least for me).

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Everyone should have at least one snubbie, and now you have yours...and it's a nice one.:hand10:

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
Great weapon. A cheaper good version of the S&W Model 60.

My father-in-law carries one.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I have a 605. They are good carry Snubs. Mine is accurate. I put the longer thinner Taurus Combat Grip on mine and have shot lots of 357 Ammo. I liked it so much I bought the 650 to carry as backup.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts