Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well here is the way she looked to start with.......

and here she is after installing my Iron Wood stock set.......

I have a wood handle on order also

I just like the look of the wood set on a L1A1

·
Registered
396 Posts
Very Cool !!! although I am a fan of black this makes a big difference. Good job. I like... :)

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I do like that a lot. I just realized all of my carry guns are black, a P228, a G23, and a S&W M&P 340. My hunting and sport guns are wood and blue and of course there is the EBR. That is a nice gun.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
I've thought about going with wood furniture on my L1A1... That just looks sweeet!

Where did you order the Ironwood Stocks?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Very pretty! Every time I see an FN L1A1 I think of the Brits in Northern Ireland or the Battle of the Falklands. It is definitely one of the last "manly" rifles left!!! :smile:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've thought about going with wood furniture on my L1A1... That just looks sweeet!

Where did you order the Ironwood Stocks?
Yep, Ironwood. Matt does great work, fit like a glove. Only had to drill 3 pilot holes. 1 in the grip for the spring plate, and 1 in the butt for the top hole in the butt plate, and one for the tang screw in the bottom of the wrist of the butt stock. He was out of Maple, so I took Birch and stained it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very Cool !!! although I am a fan of black this makes a big difference. Good job. I like... :)

Still got my Stg 58 in black stock, and grip, and parked metal hand guards......

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Certain rifles deserve wood.

IMHO the FN family is one of them.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
All it takes is wood to turn it from an evil assault rifle, to a hunting rifle

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All it takes is wood to turn it from an evil assault rifle, to a hunting rifle
Not accoring to the ATF and the 922r ruling......:frown:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice, I got one with the black set and a wood set of stocks.

Looks nice,

The FAL is my choice for a MBR. Adpated by over 93 nations for their armed forces. That says a lot.....:smile:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Surprisingly enough, even traditionaly black battle rifles can look good in wood. If your not humpin it through the desert where weight is critical... I am a sucker for Black Walnut.

Matt is cranking back up the AR wood sets soon. I plan on converting my Colt to this...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
:congrats: That does look nice with the wood on it. I usually prefer EBR's, but that just looks nice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts