Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a like new XD S&W40 4 inch on GunBroker. The guys at my gunshop were talking bad about that ugly, old looking gun. The gun has a matte finished but had not been used much. I checked it out and fire a couple hundred flat and hollow nose 180 grain bullets through it. It shoots great and worked perfectly. I wanted a service sized handgun that holds more ammo than my Khar P40. The big plus is I paid 300 hundred bucks less than they wanted to sell me a S&W sigma. HA HA Now I need to find some extra magazines.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Congrats. I just put a new XD9 in layaway.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Good for you. The only XD I own is in .45GAP. I got it a few years ago and really like it. My favorite dealer has a new .40 cal for $489.00....tempting!

·
Registered
39 Posts
got mine last week 450 with a promo tac light. but mine is a sub compact. The guy at you gun store is pretty critical. It doesn't matter what the gun looks like but you can't argue with performance. Springfield is known for making good guns. Congrats on your new gun

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have the older XD .40 and I love it. Hasn't left my side since I bought it. Well... other than for showers.. :) And work.. damn.. work...(can't carry on the premises including in my car).

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Congrats on your new-to-you pistol! Hope it works well for you. "Ugly, old gun" is a highly honored term generally applied to Glocks only. You got a great deal!

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Congrats on YOUR new pistola at a nice price.:hand10:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I also picked an XD subcompact with the XD Gear and the Insight X1L. It is a great package at a very reasonable cost.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have an XD 40 Service and absolutely love it. It handles very well and I like the safety features. At this time it is only second to my Springfield "Loaded" 1911.

Congratulations and enjoy.

Armydad

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Now I need to find some extra magazines.
If you want new magazines, midwayusa has them on sale for $21.49 (regular $23.99). Not a huge savings, but if you're going to buy them anyway...

I haven't shopped around so I don't know if you can get them cheaper elsewhere. Just got Midway's flyer in the mail today, and the Springfield mag sale caught my eye.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Love my XD45 service !!!! I'll be homeless before i ever sell that gun. As far as finish goes, that can always be redone. Look into Robar, a guy on here has a sweet XD done in it.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new XD... "Ugly Old Guns" have character...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Congrats on the XD purchase. I love my XD40 and trust it with my life.:hand10:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Have had the same model for years now and love the good looking wonderful thing! Its now my gun vault pistol on my nightstand...

·
Registered
741 Posts
I love my XD .40! Congrats!

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Congrats on the new addition.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I love my XD40. Mine has the stainless slide, and I consider it downright beautiful!

·
Registered
33 Posts
My XD40 is my EDC gun. I have the dark earth with black slide. Fits great in my IWB High Noon holster. I carry 2 extra magazines in a Galco pouch. Magazines are available pretty much anywhere they sell guns and such. Every place I've seen them they run $24.99. You can probably get them cheaper, but if you pay shipping it's pretty much a wash.

Good luck with yours!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts