Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as 2010 is just a few hours away, I have been thinking( I wondered what the burning smell was). What are your plans for firearms/firearms related purchases and training. Training courses for improving my marksmanship with hand guns and my AR-15. Guns under consideration, still pondering that one. Also getting back to physical/dietary training(goodbye poochy belly).

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I'm getting the itch for a semi auto rifle in .223/5.56, but for sure I'll add a couple of new holsters to my collection.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Waiting for my new weapon on Monday afternoon to arrive at my dealer where I will be waiting with them.:smile:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Going to take this guy's class, he offers them every other month or so.
YouTube - Yousef Sansour & Calibers Indoor Gun Range
Going to get a muzzleloader with a decent scope.
A fancy holster and mag carrier for my Kimber.
A nice 22 rifle with good iron sights and scope.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
This might be the year to put an AK in the safe.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm looking at definitely two purchases: S&W 642 (the first), then a Kimber (not sure which yet), plus the holsters/mags to go with.

May start looking into getting my first AR. I may be out of cash by then....

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I'm finally enrolled in a Glock Armorer's Course for Feb.:danceban:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Oh boy I have a lot...

Training starts TODAY. Defensive handgunning class tonight and tomorrow, hopefully a combat pistol course this year too. I would also like to take a defensive rifle course.

Speaking of training, this year I want to have all of my requirements for my brown belt in American Kenpo in the books.

New toys. 2009 was an amazing year for me, and for 2010 I would like to get:
1. An LCP for pocket carry when all else fails.
2. A 1911. I just have a hankering, because all my pistols are plastic!
3. A Judge. Yes I know it is a range toy. Nice hunting gun too.
4. A lever action hunting rifle. I am not sure which one yet.

I am not sure that any of those will happen, but we shall see.

Physically my goal is to run three half-marathons in 2010. The first is in two and a half weeks here in Phoenix! I already have the second in April booked out, the third is TBA. That's not directly firearms related, but my health is indirectly related. On January 16th I will mark the 10th anniversary of being rear-ended by a drunk driver, resulting in 2 back surgeries and my eventual removal from active duty military service. Running the half will be a big victory.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Coming Monday, or Tuesday,

Smith & Wesson Model 65-5, never fired:smile:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm thinking a new Remington 870 or possibly a 1911 pistol might be my next purchase. Gotta replenish the funds first.

·
8,501 Posts
I'm getting my first AR with my tax return (I hope).

·
Registered
203 Posts
To shoot twice as much as in 09 :smile:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts