Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'll be going to NY State in June, anybody know where I might find any 7 round Mags for a SA XD40 SC? :aargh4:

·
Banned
163 Posts
The Governor caved and is re-writing the law as we speak.

NYers will still be able to buy 10 round magazines, but can only put 10 rounds in them at a licensed gun range. Anywhere else, only 7 at a time.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Ny state should provide its gun owners with free magazine followers that are a little longer as to only allow 7 rounds. Oh wait maybe NY state can just stop being Nazi's that's an easier solution

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Do you realize that if you rearrange the letters in "New York Politician" you can actually spell "Scuzzy Worthless Waste of Space?" Ok, maybe I fudged a letter or two, but it was pretty accurate...

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
I had to laugh.. with the one of putting only 7 rds in a 10 rd mag.......

Just to be "me" ..... I would have to have a belt with 10 extra magazines on it.

Reactions: WHEC724

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
I think they should erect a statue to Barney Fife in Albany. To Coumo, he is the model gun owner.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
7 rounds in a 10 round mag. Thats funny. Those politicians would make better comedians. Cuz thats what they are a big joke.

·
Premium Member
34,308 Posts
With NY1 and NY2 triggers, the logic of seven rounds in a 10-round mag comes as absolutely no news, or surprise. I can't carry a one-round magazine in NY.

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
How will a LEO obtain probable cause that would justify a search of a law abiding person's concealed weapon to verify the number of rounds in the magazine?

·
Premium Member
34,308 Posts
How will a LEO obtain probable cause that would justify a search of a law abiding person's concealed weapon to verify the number of rounds in the magazine?
Think "Stop and frisk", and it all becomes clear.

Reactions: mprp

·
Banned
163 Posts
Clearly, the only folks who will have their magazines searched for more than 7 rounds will be folks who are already arrested for other crimes, related or not.

Having more than 7 rounds in the mag. will simply be extra candy. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
7 rounds in a 10 round mag. Thats funny. Those politicians would make better comedians. Cuz thats what they are a big joke.
Probably go something like my CCL class. We were required to put 10 rounds on target. I was using a 1911 with 2 mags loaded full. We were required to shoot 5 reload and shoot 5 more. I got thru the first five with no problem but lost count on the second mag. Not wanting to have to shoot again I emptied it. When the instructor counted there were 13 holes.

·
Registered
562 Posts
If you are foolish enough to be caught with a salt shaker or a soft drink larger than 16 ounces, the officer has the probable cause.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I bet the "rewrite" suddenly includes a law enforcement exemption clause.

Reactions: Phaedrus

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I wonder what the IDPA folks will do with their 10 round rules now. 7 rounds in a pistol match is a joke. What about the 8 shot revolvers? Many more questions every day as how will this rub off on the rest of us.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I wonder if 11rds is going to be considered a "hate" crime. :blink:

Well, out here in a good ol' "machine gun" state, I'll remember each time I load/shoot the 11th how much I despise tyrants. I'll shoot a full magazine for y'all.

My condolences, NY residents. CO, CA and a few others, too.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts