Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out looking at EBR's, thinking I really need to pick up something inexpensive, perhaps a bit nicer than an SKS. Looking at various AK clones, considering a KT SU16C. Imagine my surprise at what followed me home :)

I'm no photographer, but I had to take a quick shot. Very slightly used Bushmaster. Got an unbelievable deal on it. Got to put in a quick plug, this came from Gary at Moore Outdoors in Smithville MO. Stop in, if you're ever in the area. Good service, great pricing. Thanks Gary!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Awsome! Once I get a 1911 Ill probubly get one too! I really would like to have one. Whats it chamberd in? .233 , .308?

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Nope....not evil enough......

....but congrats on getting it!

Gel....based on the mag well, it seems to be 5.56/.223.

·
Administrator
143,819 Posts
Hey...Look who got him a Bushmaster!?!
Smart choice.

Photo looks a little dark on my computer.
Congrats!!....Now...the hunt is on for bulk ammo & more magazines. :image035:

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
Nice, a threaded barrel and flash hider would finish it off nicely.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nice,try to resist the temptation to load it down with all kinds of mall ninja accessarys.I agree it needs something to finish off the muzzle.:congrats:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Here is the one I bought from Gary a couple months ago.

We've probably met and I just don't know your handle on the 'net.

-Scott-

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm on my way to the range... Can't let it stay clean any longer :)

Scott, My name's Chris Midkiff, the handle shouldn't be that difficult to figure out, and it's the same on MOCarry. I'd be supprised if we hadn't run into each other somewhere... but I don't recall the name.

More mags, bulk ammo, yes. Threaded barrel, mall ninja accessories, I don't think so. Possibly a low magnification red dot in exchange for the carry handle, but that's about all I want to put on it.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
cmidkiff said:
I'm on my way to the range... Can't let it stay clean any longer :)

Scott, My name's Chris Midkiff, the handle shouldn't be that difficult to figure out, and it's the same on MOCarry. I'd be supprised if we hadn't run into each other somewhere... but I don't recall the name.

More mags, bulk ammo, yes. Threaded barrel, mall ninja accessories, I don't think so. Possibly a low magnification red dot in exchange for the carry handle, but that's about all I want to put on it.
the threaded barrel was a suggestion to install a flash hider.
1. low muzzle flash
2. protects muzzle crown
3. helps to control recoil(depending on FH)

Also accesories for the sake of having em is silly, having em for a purpose can give you a real world advantage.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Hey! How did you get MY kitchen floor?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pretty sure that was my own kitchen floor :)

Rocky, the flash hider would be nice, but it's not something I'm going to do right away. 5.56 doesn't have enough recoil for that to concern me, but protecting the muzzle would be great.

I just put 100 rounds through it. One thing I've found, this thing shoots better than I can with iron sights. I'm going to have to put a low magnification scope or red dot on it. That's why I wanted a flat top, anyway, I suspected that I'd want to put some sort of sighting system on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
cmidkiff said:
Both of you were at my Grand Opening --- buying guns and eating up the pizza!! You just didn't know the other guys' name at the time, but you BOTH bought .22LR firearms on THAT day!!

TWILIGHT ZONE TIME??? :)

[Edited for additional information]

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spooky :)

Hopefully, we'll run into each other on May 6th!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts