Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to join today. I am a 57 year old Vietnam Vet (scout dog handler) and a psychologist. I work at a state university and have just decided to start shooting again. Problem is a lack of safe places to shoot (even a pistol) because this part of NC is flat.

Took the carry course yesterday and will apply for permit tomorrow. I won't be able to carry to work (educational institution) but plan to start shooting again on a regular basis (the policeman who ran our course told me I could use his small private range -- except on Sundays).

I was surprised at the carry class. Only 2 of us (the students) knew anything about pistols. One guy had done some shooting and one woman knew a little but three of the guys were very inexperienced and had pistols they had fired only a few times.

Everyone passed the class but the requirements for demonstrating competence are pretty low in NC. I want to ask some questions and solicit recommendations but will switch to one of the other forums.

I picked East of Texas as a user name because my name (Michael) had been taken and I liked Texas when I was in the service and have been watching lots of westerns.

I favor single action 45's but have fired many different handguns. Like most of them.

EOT

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Welcome! :beerchug:

From another Sig guy

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome - :smile:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hello EOT -

·
Registered
341 Posts
Michael, Hello from North Texas. Welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
143,950 Posts
Holy Smokes...another "burst" of New Members.
Thank You for registering.
PLEASE...join right in. :yup:

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Michael :hand10:

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered