Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all. My name is Manny. I'm 31 y/o w/m. I live in the Bronx.
I am a NYC P.O., I love the job, just can't stand some of the guys I work with, (but I'd still take a bullet for any of them).
I carry a G19 as my service weapon and a G26 with +3 mag extension as my off-duty, but I carry them both while I'm working.
I'm still trying to figure out the best wayto carry my G26 while working. As of now, I carry it in a shoulder rig under my shirt.
I tried the ankle holster, but I do run after alot of perps and I feel as if I'm gonna lose it. I tried the IWB holster, but it's uncomfortable when I sit.
Off-duty, I holster up with a Blackhawk Serpa with figer release and matching mag holder.
I feel more comfy with the extra mag and the +3's when I'm off-duty. That's 13+1 in the G26 and an extra 13 on the hip.
A buddy of mine only had 10+1 against 2 perps. He emptied them out into them,one guy hit 5 times, the other 3 times, 3 went wild, but didn't have enough to finish the job. One of the perps let one round go from a .357, my buddy took it in the chest. All we can say now is that he was a good Cop and the services were beautiful.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome to the forum Manny -

·
Super Moderator
25,535 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Grew up across the (East) river...... Washington Heights!

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your friend.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.
It's unfortunate, but it's an eye opener as well. Tactics is the name of the game.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Welcome Manny - :smilez:

A very sad and salutary reminder with your buddy's demise - multiple assailants are ever a possibility - something to remember.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hello from North Texas. Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your buddy.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome, Manny. Keep safe.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Welcome.

Sorry to hear about your buddy. There are a bunch of great people here, and a wealth of knowledge.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome Manny. I used to travel through the Bronx a lot when I lived in Stamford CT, never a pleasant experience. Stay safe in that concrete jungle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.