Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came by way of Concealed Carry Magazine - just got my CCW a month ago. I pack a sweet S&W 642 Airweight 5-shot revolver with factory-installed rubber Crimson Trace laser grips, loaded with low-recoil hollow points. Any of you guys out there whose wives are a little reluctant to shoot, have them try the Crimson Trace grips!

The local gunshop has a great indoor range, so I'm shooting once a week (not doing too bad, either!). Signed up for a "Personal Defense in the Home" course taught by LE - hope that is scheduled sometime soon. And I carry everywhere, even around the house. Being a little on the well-rounded side, a holster doesn't really work for me, and I feel that a purse carry is too dangerous - too easy to purse-snatch, lay down somewhere, or have a child get into it. So I use a waist pack, which on a woman doesn't usually get a second glance.

Read the "Concealed Carry Handgun Manual", "Armed Response" and am awaiting delivery of one of Ayoob's book. I'm learning a lot from Concealed Carry Magazine and from the posts & info here also.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to jump right in.....

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are well on your way in carrying. Good for you.

Enjoy the forums.

-Scott-

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Welcome. Nice bunch of people on this forum, I think you will like it here.

·
Administrator
143,828 Posts
Welcome LibertyGal

Thanks for registering.
Our pleasure having you "tune in" here.
Join right in. :usflag:

·
Registered
357 Posts
LibertyGal,

Welcome from western PA. You'll find a courteous group of folks here with a pretty decent knowledge base. Be sure to jump right in.

I dare say you are on the right track with regular practice and training. Carrying around the house is a pretty decent idea, considering the trend in home invasions.

Welcome aboard!:hand10:

KC

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome, LibertyGal. It appears that women generally shoot well and often better than men. At least that was the concensus on a thread I started not long ago. I posted my wife's target and then some other photos of her and most responders agreed that 1) she is a good shot and 2) women usually are good shots. If you are interested here is a link to the thread.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7887

Glad to have you with us and hope to hear from you often on the forum.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
welcome. We need more women to chime in and get even more into shooting and personal protection.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Welcome from Idaho

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome. Have you read Armed & Female by Paxton Quigley? I truly liked it. Definitely opened my eyes to some things I wasn't aware of.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Welcome...think you'll like it here.:congrats:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks!

Thanks for making me feel welcome, everyone!

Amitalou commented: "Have you read Armed & Female by Paxton Quigley?"

Yes - I had already gotten my CCW but felt kinda funny about carrying. Then I read the first few pages of Quigley's book (and stayed up into the wee hours to finish it), and I haven't been out of the house without my sidearm since!! In fact, I immediately replaced my old .25 auto with a .38 S&W with laser grips and hollowpoints!

One of my sisters was raped years ago, and in my younger years, I was accosted by a man with a knife who was scared away by a passer-by. So I know how fast things can go bad.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Welcome LibertyGal!
My wife is looking hard at the same gun you have. She is also really interested in the lazer grip. Right now all she has is a Walther P-22 but she wants a .357.
I bought her a holster for the P-22 but she doesn't use it for the same reason you listed. I think we will look at your idea for her too.

See? You are already providing valuable information.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome aboard, Liberty Gal - :smilez:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.