Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, I come in Peace. I'm a retired Calif Peace Officer with a state issued CCL. I moved 'home' to Texas (Livingston) but travel between Calif and Texas frequently, and am looking for a nice carry weapon. I like the Glock26, the SR9 and also the XD9sc. Any will do the job, so I have been following threads concerning the pro and cons of these fine weapons.

I found this site after putting up a concealed carry holster on eBay and wanted to find the correct price to charge. great site, and I hope to learn a lot from your resident experts. I'm also looking for advice where to buy one, local store? West Virginia? Gun Shows?

Uncle Dannie

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Hi Dannie, welcome to DC! How far are you from Midland/Odessa? I'll be moving there soon.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Welcome from MI :wave:

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Welcome from Victoria, B.C. :wave:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great, nice for the warm welcome. Livingston is a long way from Midland, although I will be there about Dec 3. Livingston is halfway between Houston and Ft.Worth, East of Huntsville (home of Sparky). I was in Panama City, Fl for about two weeks last month, visiting my niece. Been to Victoria (as beautiful as the Ozarks) and have visited almost every state except Maryland.

Funny, with a CCL as a retired peace officer, you'd think it would be valid everywhere, but alas, no. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Welcome!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Welcome from Central Texas!!! Only about 1and1/2 hour from you.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
welcome uncle D, if you have any academy stores in your area they have good prices on pistols.they wont special order anything for you though.:tumbleweed:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia.

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Welcome from middle Tennessee! :wave: