Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all :) I'm a newbie from Richmond VA. Taking my concealed permit in a few weeks from Dominion shoot range and looking at getting my first handgun.

Although I haven't owned a gun before, I've grown up shooting 22's, shotguns, and a few handguns. I'm not a horrible shot with a pistol; my last time at the range didn't look too bad at all but I know I have a lot to learn and have a healthy respect for guns. Every time I look at my friends 40 (he carries it more often than not) he clears it and I still clear it myself.

2 of my friends purchased handguns (a glock 23 and a 27). The friend who bought the 23 hasn't really fired a handgun before and watching him at the range was a rather amusing experience. He's take his CC class at the same time I am, and my other friend already has his, so it should be a good experience.

While I was at the range I rented and absolutely fell in love with a PM9 with a crimson trace sight on it, so hopefully I will have one of those little buggers in a few weeks here. I was also looking at a Taurus Millenium pro, but after talking to the range owner as I have not shot one yet, he urged me to find a more reliable pistol for CC.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Welcome from Central Texas!!!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
o_O

Wow, good reflexes!

Oh, on a side note, I have been in contact with my parents over the purchase of a pistol. My mom is somewhat familiar with it from a defensive standpoint as her dad gave her a derringer back in the 70's in case of a break in and my grandfather carried at some points. I told her I wanted to get a pistol for defensive carry and she offered her .38 derringer. I told her I would be more than happy to have the derringer but I still wanted a real pistol for concealed carry :p

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Welcome from Victoria, B.C. :wave:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome from southeastern NC. Great reading here and informed opinions. Just joined myself yesterday!

Brangus

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Welcome froma fellow Virginian.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Welcome aboard from a fellow Richmonder. While your looking at Dominion, try shooting the CZ P-01 they have there. Might be a little bigger than what your looking for but reliability and price are hard to beat.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome aboard from a fellow Richmonder. While your looking at Dominion, try shooting the CZ P-01 they have there. Might be a little bigger than what your looking for but reliability and price are hard to beat.
Is that the green 9mm they have? I have fired that gun and from the google images search it looks to be the same gun.

If not, I'll have to give it a go next time I am here in a few weeks.

I have a pretty big frame so I think I could carry a bigger gun without printing but I loved shooting the PM9. I fired off a fast clip and was giggling like a school girl :embarassed:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :wave:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.