Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks:

New member here from central Florida. I've already posted a couple of responses to topics before getting a chance to get up here and introduce myself.

A little bit about me: I'm retired military, having spent some 20 years in the Navy. I now get to spend my time making various holsters and leathercraft items for people. I've been making leathercrafted items for about 15 years now. I also am learning how to make custom knives. I spend most of my time making holsters, and my company is K&D Holsters. Our website is www.kdholsters.com. I really feel blessed to have the opportunity to make a living at what I love doing.

I appreciate the opportunity to be a member here and learn from all of you. :cool:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hey Kevin - welcome :smile:

Good to have a carry community eh.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
welcome aboard K-man.

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
K-Man WELCOME

A Mighty Warm Welcome To Our Forum.
Well, It's your forum now too!
It's great to have another leather worker here.
I just do some occasional leather work & I love working with leather.
I've not ever made a business of it though.
I wish I had more time to do it every day. Maybe some day.
I checked out your web site. Really nice leather work.
Folks that do leather work are some of the BEST people!
You are very welcome here!

BTW...20 years in the Navy! ~ That is a long time. How does it feel to be finally back on dry land? :wink:
Seriously ~ Thanks So Much For Your Service To Our Country!:unitedsta

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I really forget now where I posted this or similar - last. Anyways, here is a very eye-pleasing piece of work Kevin did for me - for the SIG. Pretty eh? :smile:

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Welcome to the forum, K-Man! I took the liberty of adding a link to your website in our link area ("Related Links" above). There are a number of custom leather craftsmen here and we're proud to have you as one of them. :wink:

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
P95Carry

Oh...K-Man crafted your neat Eagle Holster?
Real Fine Piece of custom leather.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, folks, for the warm welcome.

Bumper - thank you for posting my website in the links section.

Qkshooter - thank you for the kind words. I've enjoyed viewing pics of your work. I always like to see what others are doing, and oftentimes I'm able to learn something from them.

P95Carry - Thanks for posting the picture of the eagle holster.

I work part-time at The Leather Factory, as well. I took that job more to learn other facets of doing leathercraft rather than the $$. One of the unique things I'm working on right now is a set of holsters/gun belts for a character from the one of Star Wars movies being portrayed by an 8-year old girl. Apparently there's some major convention in Indianapolis next month as part of the release of the newest movie in the series, and there's a costume contest as part of it. Doing items such as this is why I enjoy offering the custom side of my holster-making.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.