Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got my non-resident ccw [florida]. Im a nj resident but im going on vacation for 2 weeks in pa. Can i transport my gun to pa then carry. I know nj are bad about tranporting a gun anywhere but to the range and back home.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
How are you traveling?:confused:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Yes, you can transport to PA (from your home in NJ) and carry all you want. The only places off limits in PA are courthouses, K-12 schools, Federal facilities, and prisons. Other then that you are good to go while in PA. Then obviously unload and lock up your gun upon returning to NJ then head home right away.

The federal interstate transport law protects you in carrying anywhere you can legally have a gun, to any other place you may legally have a gun. i.e. your home in NJ to the free state of PA :image035:

For the love of god, when you have your gun in the car in NJ be sure it's unloaded and locked and make haste to PA and don't stop anywhere in NJ. Once you are safely inside PA... lock and load.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Well just got my non-resident ccw [florida]. Im a nj resident but im going on vacation for 2 weeks in pa. Can i transport my gun to pa then carry. I know nj are bad about tranporting a gun anywhere but to the range and back home.
I'd also make sure to have your NJ FID card just in case. I'm assuming your driving, so you should be OK. If you're flying, that should be OK but the NY/NJ Port Authority(Newark airport I believe) has been notorious for disobeying FOPA and illegally detaining people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts