Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year we had to put my mastiff down. She was 11 years old and had a great long life. We also had to put our terrier down, who was 15 years old and also had a great life. A rough year to be certain. My wife decided that it was time to get another dog, as I work a lot of nights and weekends. We just added an 8 week old boxer to the family. Our first boxer. She looks like she is going to be on the large side for the breed. It's good to have another dog in the family.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Beautiful. When I was a kid, my cousin had one. He loved to play...!

Reactions: Kinzei

·
Registered
887 Posts
Sorry for your family's loss and congrats on the latest addition to your family. The love of a dog can not be explained, it must be experienced. I'm sure she will do her part in the protection of home and family. Will take my four legged companions over most 2 legged ones. Enjoy her time as a puppy. They mature very quickly.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
We have two Boxers, great friends and very protective oz and t.jpg

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
great looking pup... 11 years is long lived for a mastiff, you guys must be good parents.
I hope that was the case. She was an American mastiff. The lady we got her from had been breeding them for over 20 years. I believe her breeding stock was 25% Anatolian shepherd and 75% English mastiff. She did not have the hip displacia that is often common on large breeds. She also did not drool near as much h as a standard English mastiff. He coloration was typical for a mastiff though. Fawn and black mask.

·
Registered
426 Posts
So sorry about your losses Kinzei but you did the right thing with RRT (Rapid Replacement Therapy). Your new girl couldn't be cuter, Congratulations on your newest member of the home defense system. I wish you many happy years together. What did you name that beautiful girl?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So sorry about your losses Kinzei but you did the right thing with RRT (Rapid Replacement Therapy). Your new girl couldn't be cuter, Congratulations on your newest member of the home defense system. I wish you many happy years together. What did you name that beautiful girl?
My wife named her LuLu.

·
Registered
426 Posts
LuLu is perfect. How about posting a new picture every once in awhile to this thread so we can watch LuLu grow.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Dogs are great on so many levels including first warning for the home defense. That's a nice looking puppy.

·
Registered
9,339 Posts
Neighbor has two beautiful boxers. And a Walther CCP. I think she feels safer.

·
Banned
854 Posts
I hope that was the case. She was an American mastiff. The lady we got her from had been breeding them for over 20 years. I believe her breeding stock was 25% Anatolian shepherd and 75% English mastiff. She did not have the hip displacia that is often common on large breeds. She also did not drool near as much h as a standard English mastiff. He coloration was typical for a mastiff though. Fawn and black mask.
Do you have a picture of her? She sounded amazing...

·
Registered
712 Posts
I currently have two Bullmastiffs. I love the breed to death big, lovable, happy lap dogs. My wife and I were rescue volunteers for the American Bullmastiff Association. Check my earlier posts for my story on how Max, my last foster saved my life by alerting my wife and when I was having a heart attack. After that he wasn't a foster anymore. He sleeps in the bed with my wife and I every night and he will do so till he leaves us and crosses the rainbow bridge. Anyway that one adorable puppy! Congratulations and make sure you give em lots of love.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts