Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the tender age of 59 I finally bought a handgun for the 1st time, even though I've had my carry permit for 5 years. Today is the 1st day I'm actually wearing a gun. A Ruger LCP. If comfort was the only criteria, I would have no doubts about it. I bought it last weekend and so far put 50 rounds of FMJ through it. FTE on round #3 and then not a hiccup. I't's loaded with JHP even though I haven't fired any yet.
I've heard that I should put about 200 rounds through it before I try defensive ammo. I'm going to try for another 50 or 100 rounds of FMJ this weekend but with the price and avilability of 380ACP what it is, getting to 200 rounds is painful. Seems all other centerfire calibers are being replenished while the 380 prices just keep going up as it gets harder to find. From backorder dates I'm seeing, looks like the situation may improve by February. Let's hope. In the meantime, I'm looking to pick up a .40. Maybe a Springfield compact? Lot's of research to do. Appreciate any input in that price range. I also have a Ruger SR9 but I think it's a little large for a CCW. I love the way my stubby little mitts fit around it though. I've got about 400 rounds through it and all it's ever asked is to be cleaned after each use.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
:bier: from Ga. Welcome to DC.

I'd post this in the Concealed Carry thread, you'll get a better array or responses to your query. Welcome aboard....

GBK

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Welcome from Arkansas.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...I'll post it there.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Welcome from Central Texas!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Welcome from Victoria, B.C. :wave:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Welcome from the Ozarks. Same thing happened to me. Started with a 3AT and found ammo was really hard to find. Had to buy a .45 in order to shoot enough to get respectable. That was expensive. Had to buy a 9mm to save on ammo. Had to buy a G26 because all this 9mm ammo was available. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now I know how to tell the wife

Welcome from the Ozarks. Same thing happened to me. Started with a 3AT and found ammo was really hard to find. Had to buy a .45 in order to shoot enough to get respectable. That was expensive. Had to buy a 9mm to save on ammo. Had to buy a G26 because all this 9mm ammo was available. That is my story and I am sticking to it.
I like the idea of just being a victim of circumstances.
"I never planned to buy them. Conditions made me do it"

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina...

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Welcome!! Just make sure you follow all safety rules and practice often.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.