Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
again the MEDIA makes this criminal out to be just a normal everyday man in the headline, by saying MAN killed by police, not Abusive criminal killed by police
STUPID MEDIA

Man with bow and arrow killed by police

08:32 PM PDT on Thursday, April 6, 2006
KING5.com

KING

The shooting occurred at a home on Butte Ave. S. in Pacific.

PACIFIC, Wash. – Pierce County Sheriff's deputies shot and killed a man around 3 p.m. Thursday after he approached them with a bow and arrow and refused to drop it, police said.

The incident started with 911 call for a reported domestic violence attack at 701 Butte Ave. S.

The man had allegedly assaulted his wife. When officers arrived at the scene, the man approached them with a bat and a knife, according to police.

Officers told him numerous times stop, Pierce County Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said.

That's when the man dropped the bat and knife, picked up a bow and arrow and pointed it at police.

"At that point, is when one of our officers fired three rounds at him," said Troyer said.

The man was transported to the hospital where he died.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Last time I checked, arrows have been known to bring down some pretty big game...

:icon_neutral:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Actually that is some of the better reporting I've seen. I would not want the media calling me a deranged abuser if it had not been proven in court. Overall I read a neutral article.

Let's read a variation that might run in the Washington Post:

Today police gunned down a man on Butte Ave. S. in Pacific.

PACIFIC, Wash. – Pierce County Sheriff's deputies gunned down a <insert race of man here>man around 3 p.m. Thursday after he approached them. The officers were <insert race of officers here>.

The incident started with 911 call at 701 Butte Ave. S.

When officers arrived at the scene, the man approached them.

Officers told him numerous times stop, Pierce County Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said.

"At that point, is when one of our officers fired three rounds at him," said Troyer said.

The man was transported to the hospital where he died.

Police Chief Smith has said the officers are being investigated for excessive use of force and are on paid leave until the investigation is concluded. No one else was shot or injured in this confrontation.
A few words changed here and there and some omission and you get a different slant.

-Scott-

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Very true Scott, the liberal media always finds the need to show a black/white racism, where none exists.

Very true Veeg, if a bow can bring down an Elk or a Bear, im pretty certain it could bring down a human.

·
Super Moderator
13,123 Posts
A bow and arrow is a deadly weapon; he pointed it at the police; the police did what they should have done. I suspect an arrow with the right tip would slice right through a vest, not to mention lungs and hearts.

·
Super Moderator
25,540 Posts
Well, back when I was in the Army, as a few of us found out while "playing" around and using a flak jacket as a backstop, a hunting broadhead will go through a vest like a knife through hot butter. Didn't see that part mentioned!! :yup:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Arrows have been killing men since it was invented by man.....it's as deadly a weapon as a gun, knife or even bat, so if a bad guy points it as an LEO, I think said LEO has justification in firing upon the bad guy.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
What really beats me in cases like this is - after probably numerous verbal challenges (to lay down a potential deadly weapon) the perp just does squat. Makes me think of suicide by cop many times.

Same with for instance a juvenile with a look-alike BB gun - all that needs done is put down the gun - show empty hands - crisis over. Sorry but - if compliance after a good many attempts is not found forthcoming - the consequences are both predictable and justified IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts