1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,724 Posts
And 18 U.S.C. 111 says the Sheriff can get up to twenty years in a federal prison if he tries it.
Gotta get him extradited first.

Reactions: StripesDude

·
Registered
19,664 Posts
Reactions: 5lima30ret

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Reminds me of an old Steven Seagal movie. He was an EPA agent investigating illegal dumping in a coal mining town. The local cops were paid off by the mine boss. They tried to arrest Seagal. A few round house kicks later, he brought them all to justice.

·
Registered
603 Posts
They like the help when it comes in the form of money. That will be a big point of leverage against the states.

It's getting pretty clear that the states have had about enough Federal "help". Might get interesting soon.

·
Registered
603 Posts
If they go against the USMS, they're likely going to end up dealing with the military.

They might have to deal with the Missouri Citizens Militia. They are a legal, armed, trained force of over 400 that does not report to the government.

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
They might have to deal with the Missouri Citizens Militia. They are a legal, armed, trained force of over 400 that does not report to the government.
Insurrection act anyone?

·
Premium Member
5,724 Posts
Are you saying he would flee to another country? That is the only way extradition would be involved.
No, no, that is incorrect.

·
Premium Member
5,724 Posts
I bet there are federal courthouses in MO. No extradition required.
True. But, they have to get him out of the county. Easier said than done in some jurisdictions. Heck, there are hollows where you can't easily get a fellow out. Just saying.

Reactions: G26Raven
1 - 20 of 72 Posts