Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a g26, g43, m&p9c, or shield. Here are the prices of each
Shield new 414 then 75 rebate
9c 450 used fde
G26 gen3 used 425, gen 3 used w/NS 450
G26 gen 4 new 550
G43 475 BFG
Trying to decide between these. I like the g43 feel as it sits high in my hand and makes me feel like I have a good purchase on it but it's 6rd so o will be getting extensions. Shield feels ok and the trigger is eh but has 7 and 8rds. G26 is fatter but feels good and has 10rds. What would you guys go with?

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
For me personally, probably the G26. I haven't found much use for single-stack 9's, but that's me.

Reactions: addywon

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I'm a round count guy so of the choices presented the 26 wins!

Reactions: addywon and mhl6493

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
That is highway robbery ... Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD 9mm ? 180021 244$ after rebart and I have seen them for near only 200 after rebate

I would shop there anymore if I were one ..That pricing is stupid high

I would go single stack if you are stuck with 10 rounds imop ...

I have said this before if I was stuck in some commie land I would go Sig 220 carry or 239 or 225..

Of what you listed the 43 is nice but I rather have a 220 carry cause if I can only have 10 rounds I want reallly big ones ....

Also dont

Reactions: drift

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is highway robbery ... Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD 9mm ? 180021 244$ after rebart and I have seen them for near only 200 after rebate

I would shop there anymore if I were one ..That pricing is stupid high

I would go single stack if you are stuck with 10 rounds imop ...

I have said this before if I was stuck in some commie land I would go Sig 220 carry or 239 or 225..

Of what you listed the 43 is nice but I rather have a 220 carry cause if I can only have 10 rounds I want reallly big ones ....

Also dont
That is N.Y. pricing. Everything is more pricey here.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
21,961 Posts
With your choices, I would go with a G26 for capacity. You can also carry G19, G17, or 33 round G18 spare magazines.

My only 9mm handgun is a Sig Sauer P938 carried as a pocket BUG.

Reactions: addywon

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
New York? 10 rd mag limit.
Hope you get a chance to try a few of them. Is it for carry or just to have? Don't think you'd be disappointed with any of them.
Lots of folks enjoy their Shields and even with ffl and shipping it can be had for almost $100 less.
If ya want a glock, get the 26.

Now, if you want a single stack 7 +1 that's thin with a better trigger than these single stacks listed.
Look at the Ruger LC9 Pro.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Having looked at all listed, my wife selected the M&P9c for carry and is very happy with it. At 12+1 capacity and available new through Bud's at $450.00, it's certainly worth consideration IMHO.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
I shot all the ones you listed but, for an everyday EDC year round I went with the Glock 43 and love it for all the time carry. I also recommend no extensions as it was meant to run as designed so if 6+1 won't cut it for you I would buy another gun before extensions. I do have a +2 extension on my backup magazine but, not on my holstered gun. It was designed for max concealment and pocket carry so forget about the magazine alterations. Shield holds more rounds but, much harder to pocket for me so I was good with the Glock. Published dimensions do not tell the real story on concealment and very small dimension differences can make a very big carry and concealment difference.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Now is a great time to buy a shield. Grab a gun has a great price plus rebate. The 9c and shield are great gun. I have both and carry all the time. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
I would go G43 and invest in the +2 extension. In the trigger department I normally not crazy about M&P triggers, but I never shot a shield. The G43 trigger doesn't feel the same as a Glock double stack 9mm to me . My 2 Cents living in NY go with G43 with a +2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11,460 Posts
Whichever one you shoot best, and will actually carry.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
9mm shield fan here. There's something about the way the web of your hand goes deep on the Glock 43 that is unnatural to me on the ones I've tried. Not a fan. Using the shield's extended mag you get 8 +1. It's thin, light, and easy recoiling. Get a quality IWB holster and it will flat out disappear on you! Best wishes on your search!

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'm looking at getting a g26, g43, m&p9c, or shield. Here are the prices of each
Shield new 414 then 75 rebate
9c 450 used fde
G26 gen3 used 425, gen 3 used w/NS 450
G26 gen 4 new 550
G43 475 BFG
Trying to decide between these. I like the g43 feel as it sits high in my hand and makes me feel like I have a good purchase on it but it's 6rd so o will be getting extensions. Shield feels ok and the trigger is eh but has 7 and 8rds. G26 is fatter but feels good and has 10rds. What would you guys go with?
You can get an M&P Shield from budsgunshop.com for $329 which would be $254 after rebate.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Me & my Shield 40 aren't seeing eye to eye. I'd love to have a g43 but impossible in Kommiefornia. I just picked up a g26 a week ago, for a couple of reasons: it shoots similar to my g19 but is a bit smaller and easier to hide, it holds 10+1 standard, or (outside of Kommiefornia) up to 12+1. And, you can carry (again, outside of Kommiefornia), a 15 rd g19 mag or a 17rd g17 mag as a spare, if you are a belt and suspenders kinda guy. You didn't mention xds, also single stack, but they're not not fav's either. If I was gonna go small single stack, I'd save up a bit more and go with a sig p938...very sweet shooter, and darned accurate for the size gun it is. It's pretty close to my favorite gun, behind the g19, but the g26 is quickly gaining my trust.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The g43 seems nice and i like the fit but for some reason I'm having trouble justifying the price on it. I'm not a fan of the sights, so that's an added increase after purchase. Capacity isn't the greatest but it's only one round. Apparently it's the snappiest but also the smallest and lightest. Pps m2 which really is catching my eye is the same capacity standard mag, with phosphorus sights and 3 mags (6,7,8) for about $50 cheaper. Then the shield Is about $125 cheaper than the pps after the rebate. Such a decision. For all of them I can get a magguts plus 1 spring which brings the pps and 43 to a respectable 7 without any mag extensions. But that's an added cost. Tough decision for sure. All seem to have proven themselves. Glock only has a 1 year warranty but I doubt will have any issues anyway. Shield and pps have lifetime but also will probably not need it

·
Registered
901 Posts
The g43 seems nice and i like the fit but for some reason I'm having trouble justifying the price on it. I'm not a fan of the sights, so that's an added increase after purchase. Capacity isn't the greatest but it's only one round. Apparently it's the snappiest but also the smallest and lightest. Pps m2 which really is catching my eye is the same capacity standard mag, with phosphorus sights and 3 mags (6,7,8) for about $50 cheaper. Then the shield Is about $125 cheaper than the pps after the rebate. Such a decision. For all of them I can get a magguts plus 1 spring which brings the pps and 43 to a respectable 7 without any mag extensions. But that's an added cost. Tough decision for sure. All seem to have proven themselves. Glock only has a 1 year warranty but I doubt will have any issues anyway. Shield and pps have lifetime but also will probably not need it

The PPS M2 is just a better gun all the way around. Better ergonomics, better trigger, better build quality. The Walther wins this one hands down. :yup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts