Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just upgraded my concealed carry weapon to this new Wilson Combat Tactical Carry Compact. Even though the word "Compact" is in the title, this weapon has a full size grip and steal frame and a 4" bull barrel. I went with 9mm this time with two spare 10 shot magazines.

First and only range session so far, I ran every load from Winchester white box 115's to my hand loaded defensive hollow point rounds. It functions flawlessly and groups way better than I can shoot off hand. Test target that came with the gun was a small clover leaf at 25 yards.

A single stack 1911 with 4" barrel has become my favorite carry weapon. I wear it in a Galco concealment hip holster in the appendix position. Two spare mags on off hand side. My previous EDC was a similar weapon in 45 ACP. I was perfectly happy with it but it had feeding issues, even after sending it back to the factory. I just could not trust it.

I carry with confidence now.

Tactical-Carry-Compact-_new1478.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Congratulations on the new weapon!

Reactions: woolecox

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Congrats....Wilson Combat is a fine weapon for sure. Recently shot my buddies WC Centurion----very smoooooth……..

·
Banned
210 Posts
Wilson Combat's are made not far from where I lived in Mountain Home, Arkansas. I have looked longingly at one for so many years of my life. I should have bought one right when I retired right before the stock market took 1/3 of my retirement savings. Then I would not have felt so violated. :redface:

Enjoy yours as they are truly the cream of the crop! :smile:

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Cool!

Feel free to contribute more than one post per year- we won't mind!

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Very nice. I have never shot a 1911 in 9mm. I don't know anyone that owns one. Might not get to shoot one unless I buy one. Trying to slow down.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
She’s a beauty......Congrats!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts