Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Had a chance to handle a Talon II Bobtail. WOW, felt incredible in my hands, quality seemed outstanding and trigger was perfect. I was considering an ED Brown Carry (MA Edition) or Wilson CQB Compact w/round butt, but now I'm not all that sure. Its a hard decision. I had never considered a NHC until now. Is there something about the Talon II Bobtail that you prefer?

Thanks

·
Administrator
21,425 Posts
I'll say this, I had a chance to trade three Kimbers in on one and have been kicking myself for not doing it.

I'm happy with my Les Baer, my wife is happy with her Wilson, but we got both of those on super deals. A NHC has been on our list for a while, but so has Ed Brown.

When you get to that tier, there's not much difference in the quality, they are all awesomely built. The NHCs seem more pretty while the Ed Browns tend to be more clean in appearance with the Wilsons in between.

maclean3 has a NHC T3 and speaks very highly of it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, maclean3 are you out there???? Thanks

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have a NHC Talon II bobtail, awsome gun. It was my 1st bobtail gun.
It doesn't really shoot different than my full frame 1911, but it conceals much better.
I liked it so much I picked up a Ed Brown bobtail as well.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a NHC Talon II bobtail, awsome gun. It was my 1st bobtail gun.
It doesn't really shoot different than my full frame 1911, but it conceals much better.
I liked it so much I picked up a Ed Brown bobtail as well.
Have you noticed any difference between the two? Which finish to you have on the Talon? I've heard mixed reviews about the PermaKote. I'm also considering an EB Exec Carry or the MA Edition.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts