Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got your attention!

Had a local shop that owed me money from some items they had sold for me and I was having a hard time getting the cash from them. It's been several months. I had honestly thought I'd never see the money without a fight (lawyers and threats:hand1:). The staff and management are all good people, but the owner is a little "odd" and doesn't part with cash easily (even if it isn't his).

Well, I went in to just look around and shoot the breeze for a little while. I ran into some range buddy's and got to talking, next thing I know and I had been there a couple of hours. One of the managers comes out from the back office and joins our conversation about half an hour before they closed. Now this manager has been in my corner regarding the money issue from the beginning. He joked that I should buy a new gun and help their sales figures for the day. I just looked at him and frowned:twak:.

Then I told him I was interested in the GLOCK 36 they had in the case and he should cut me a real good deal. Next thing I knew he named a figure exactly matching what I was owed and significantly less than the list price. I walked out the door having paid tax and that was it.

Learned a lesson (not to use that shop for sales) and got a nice pistol for a VERY good price. All in all, a very good day!

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
That would work for me.

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Wanna double your money??

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've been contemplating my Xmas present to myself this year and think instead of another 1911 that won't get carried that often, getting a 36 and a new work station for the same money. Can't beat those Glocks.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Jealous much?

Yes, yes I am.

Glad you got something you wanted out of them for what they owed you. Sounds like that manager is the kind of person I'd like to deal with when something went wrong. Congrats on your new Glock! :congrats:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new pistola... sounds like the manager made things right...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Well, I bet you feel good about having that reconciled. The only problem now is that you're stuck with a Glock....... just kidding.
Glad you got it all worked out. :hand10:

:wave:

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
sounds like a good deal. just took a long time.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Some people have all the luck. One of these days, the scales will tip in my favor. At least that belief is what keeps me going.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
A good deal would depend upon what the list price was...:blink:

I can get a new Glock for around $525+...depending on what else I buy. Add another $100 for Trij night sights.

If the list price was anything from $550 or lower...that's normal around here.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Sounds like a good way to be sure you spend the money on a pistol...I like the outcome...enjoy that 36, I love mine!

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Hummm... I paid more than that for a used G-36. A LOT more! :mad:

J/K, congratulations! :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A good deal would depend upon what the list price was...:blink:

I can get a new Glock for around $525+...depending on what else I buy. Add another $100 for Trij night sights.

If the list price was anything from $550 or lower...that's normal around here.
Well, thanks! Way to burst my happy bubble! G36's around here are running $100-150 more than that w/o night sights. I've been waiting for months to see the prices drop to what you seem to get normally in Florida.

I still think I got a good deal for this area, and I didn't have to get my lawyer involved with getting my money from this guy.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Well, having people owe you money can kind of leave a sour taste in your mouth.

In small claims court, the job of the judge is to figure out a way to make the injured party whole. I'd say that shop manager did a pretty good job at playing "The Judge" in this case!

Congrats on getting your new pistol and feeling whole again.

:congrats:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts