Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a G17 Gen4 for a while, I found one yesterday in Dark Earth. I am anxious to shoot it, I shot my sons and have wanted one ever since.

Question about sights, could some give their opinion of good night sights for the Glocks, I am looking at XS and Trijicon HD my concerns are for ranges 20 yards and beyond are these type of sights up to it? Is there trade off for accuracy?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
No trade off at all. I have the Trijicon TFO sights on my G27 and the nice thing about them is the ability to see them plain as day in darkness. You know in case of shadows......lol Be sure to have them put on by a knowledgeable armorer as you dont want them to come loose as mine did the first time they were installed,second time.....blue lock tite and done. Perfect now

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I have the stock Glock night sights (which apparently are made by Meprolight) and love them. Easy to find and the price is right (about $80 installed).

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I have the stock Glock night sights (which apparently are made by Meprolight) and love them. Easy to find and the price is right (about $80 installed).
I would have to add my vote for the Meprolites as well. I have been equipping them on my Glocks for MANY years now and have had no issues what so ever with them. Their configuration and dimensions are nearly identical to Glock's factory sights. You will get a small amount of point of impact change, but its not really noticeable to most people. Personally I think it is because of the three dot setup vs. the standard Glock setup, and the way your eyes will pick them up. This has been my experience with them and you may find that it does not change things for you at all. The installation of these sights is the one mandatory modification I make to Glocks, so yes, they are definitely worth it in my opinion!

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Factory night sights are on all of my Glocks. Quick, simple installation and they work perfectly.

If you like fiber, I would go with the TFO's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I recently got the Trijicon HD's installed on my G26. I had the regular Trijicon night sights for years but they eventually started to dim. The HD's are awesome in day light or at night. I looked at others and some had very limited warranties (as low as 90 days) while the HD's come with a 12 year warranty (if I remember correctly).

·
Registered
773 Posts
Glock factory night sights are meprolights as previously stated. I think they are the best option for price/brightness

·
Super Moderator
24,781 Posts
TruGlo TFO's. The best of Tritium and FO - a great combo in hazy light, dusk or dawn lighting when the FO jump out, and bright at night. I have the same exact set-up on several guns.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
I've tried several different types of Tritium sights including Trijicon, Meps, TFO's, but really prefer 10-8 Performance. I am running the wide U notch plain rear and a brass bead front, although Tritium is available. I have started blacking out all of my rear sights on my guns and prefer only the front to have illumination. A front only illumination is much faster for me in low light than having to line a bunch of dots or bars up.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Meprolight are on all of my 1911's. Only other company I might try is XS big dot. Longer range you might have to change point of aim as those are more of a "combat sight" in my opinion

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
I use the standard 3 dot Trijicons. Friend just put a set of Ameriglo Pro I-Dots on an M&P 40C and they are very impressive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts