Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am considering purchasing a nice carry knife for my 4 groomsmen for my wedding. I would possibly like an auto, but it is not a deal breaker. I would also consider something like the speed assist on the Kershaw line. I would like to spend from 35.00 to 75.00 That is flexible however, too. Where could I look and buy online for the best prices, and does anybody have any suggestions for what to look at? Prefer smoth blade as well but maybe half serrated. I carry a Benchmade, but don't remember the model name, and have been very happy with it.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I would go with a Spyderco Delica. You can get them for $54 at Wally World from the website and have them shipped free to the closest store for pickup. I'm not knocking the Endura at all, it's a great knife, but the Delica is a bit more "typical pocket knife" in size and would probably fit your friends a bit better unless they happen to be tactical knife-type people.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Do you want an outdoors knife or a carry knife? If you want a solid heavy outdoor knife, then check out the Kabar Mule. I received one as a groomsman gift and it's still sharp as ever. Although it's too thick to carry comfortably. For that task go with a Spyderco Endura or Delica. If you can afford it go with the zdp steel. And ebay is the best I've found price wise.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
747 Posts
Not too shabby at all, jwhite75. I still prefer the Delica because of it's four-point carry, proven quality improvement over almost 20 years, and sub-3" blade making it legal pretty much anywhere in the US.

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Spyderco Endura or Delica..

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
You already like Kershaw's? I have two Kershaw Ken Onion Leeks...great knives, great gifts.:yup:

·
Registered
4,000 Posts

I've been wanting one of these

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Check around Knives at Knife Center
That's where I got the last few I picked up(fixed and folders). They're an outfit in MD. They're great though. The guy running the shop actually called me last time and asked if he could switch my shipping option to ground 4-5 days because it would be cheaper and still get here next day since we're basically next door neighbors. I wasn't sure, but he was quite sure of himself so I said why not. Sure enough...next day it was on my doorstep. So I paid for the usual 4-5 day ground and had it next day. They also put out deals in their email list for coupon codes and such fairly regularly.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Kershaw Scallion or Leek. Good stuff!

·
Registered
251 Posts
+1 for the Benchmade mini-Barrage.
I just got one this week here:
For unbeatable quality, try the Benchmade Mini Barrage from Benchmade !

$78 free shipping USPS Priority

Be well.

It's a little above the price range you listed but the Benchmade 585 Mini-Barrage is pretty nice. I just picked one up from bladehq.com for a good price. I've gotten a couple knives from them, they are very quick and prices are good.

585 Details | Benchmade

http://www.bladehq.com 585 search

·
Registered
835 Posts
Ok, I am considering purchasing a nice carry knife for my 4 groomsmen for my wedding. I would possibly like an auto, but it is not a deal breaker. . . .
I am not sure what you meant by an "auto." However, if you have in mind what I think, you should be careful on the auto openers. They are illegal in some states - Texas for example puts them into the category of an illegal switch blade if the release is activated by a button on the handle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts