Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being I don't have a clue how to start a thread or a picture for that matter I kept looking for something close where I could post this and I picked this one. A wonderful surprise came yesterday as my son informed me that my wife and I became great grand parents, her name is Mckinlee. She arrived at 5 37pm 5/26 MDT and weighed 7lbs 15 and all is well as she now falls under my protection and prayers. Sorry about putting it here but she is my 1st great grand child and the title of this thread seemed to fit

·
Premium Member
7,156 Posts
Congratulations to all "in the family"! The most beautiful baby ever born is your first grandchild...............UNTIL..........the first great grandchild comes along!

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Congratulations. Great grandkids are a blessing even beyond grandkids. I didn't think it could get much better.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Congratulations. All of my grandkids have 4 legs and bark too much.

All o my kids are grown but not married so I am okay with no grandkids for now. I prefer that things are done in the proper order so I can wait for grandkids. But I turned 54 yesterday so the clock is ticking and I will need grandkids before too many more years...

·
Registered
34,024 Posts
Congrats! I was bummed when I first heard I'd be a grandfather--not because I'd have grand kids, but because I was now old enough to have grand kids! I've got about ten years or so before I reach great-granddad stage--I hope!

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Y’all are lucky I will be dead and gone before my boys give me grandkids
Never knew my grandfather’s as the were dead before I was born
Seems to be a family tradition

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Congratulations to Mckinlee on her new parents and grandparents and great grandparents; and to YOU on your first great grand daughter. Glad all is well.

When my "kids" were kids, the greatest word in the whole English language to me was "Daddy". Then "Dad". (Then "Daaad" with an eye roll).

That changed when Grand kiddos began to appear, and then the Greatest word in the whole English language shifted to "Grandpa" (pronounced GRAM pah).

It won't be too long before the "GRAM pa" starts to get that eye roll, and I love all of it.

Great grand kiddos? Not for a while. No hurry, but it'll happen.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KC you may be the one that changes that tradition and I say that because the majority thought I would never live passed 32 and here I am 80+ and still peeing in peoples flower bed. My great grandpa was my biggest mentor, my dad was another story, honored to trade comments with you.

·
Super Moderator
18,273 Posts
Congratulations to all "in the family"! The most beautiful baby ever born is your first grandchild...............UNTIL..........the first great grandchild comes along!
Oh no!

Not you too ShooterGranny?!!!

Say it isn't so!

·
Premium Member
7,156 Posts
Oh no!

Not you too ShooterGranny?!!!

Say it isn't so!
It sort of is and sort of isn't. My step grandchildren have provided great's, and ShooterGramps' granddaughter provided two absolutely darling great grand girls for us. My own natural sons both got late starts producing grandchildren and their kids aren't even close to parenthood yet although they are all more than plenty old enough.

·
Super Moderator
18,273 Posts
I'm beginning to feel so young and smug here. My own three granddaughters are 10, 7, and 5.

·
Premium Member
7,156 Posts
I'm beginning to feel so young and smug here. My own three granddaughters are 10, 7, and 5.
You are a young'n but you sure 'nuff do seem have a couple lives' worth of knowledge about gun stuff which you generously share. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts