Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up this pair of 22s for 400 bucks yesterday. I'm going to pick the one I like best, sell the other, and use the proceeds for goodies. 1989 Ruger Mark II, and 1999 Browning Buckmaster. I don't know how to add a poll, but let me know which one you guys would keep? In the end, I'm going to keep the best shooting one, but I would like to see what all of you have to say.
Ruger:0
Browning:3

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Some plain 'ole plunkin' fun...nice little find...I'd keep the Browning.OMO:22a:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Great find... I'd keep the Browning, too...

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Send em' both to me and I'll give you an educated guess,,,,,,,,REALLY.
:image035:
I had a ruger WAY back and loved it. Never shot a Browning though.
Let us know what you chose......if sending them to me can't happen for whatever reason:hand5:......and why you made your choice.

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
Both a great pistols . Either one is a good choice , so whatever fits you better.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
If they shoot equally, I'd go for the Browning. We have one and it's incredibly accurate and cheap to shoot.

(how does a Buckmaster compare to a Buckmark or are they the same thing?)

·
Registered
45 Posts
+1 For the Browning..both of them sure are nice...Good find....

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I have a MK2 and used to have an MK1 but I have shot the Browning. I would take them both for an extensive test drive and see which one I liked the best if I were you.

But if I were me and I am, I would keep them both...:yup:

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
You are not going to like my answer. I would keep them both.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I'd keep the Browning, but only because I like the ergonomics better.

Shoot 'em both and pick which shoots/feels best to you.

Nice finds BTW!

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Sell me the one you don't want to keep for a really good deal. I'm not picky, I'd like to have either.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Official first range report.

Ammo: Wl Cheapo Winchester hollow points. 1250fps. Comes in the 333 box.
Rounds Fired: Approximately 100 rounds each pistol.
Chambering first round:
Both pistols chambered the first round equally smooth until 70 or so rounds had been shot. Then the Ruger started needing a little nudge to get the round to slide up the ramp. The Browning performed silky smooth throughout the shoot.
Malfunctions
No malfunctions for either pistol.
Magazine loading
Both were very similar, but the Browning was a little easier to load.
First mag cold shooting
Here is a pic of the first 10 rounds out of the Browning at 15 yards standing unsupported. That top round is a from a different shoot (haha actually shooting the Ruger at the top target.) The grouping on the Ruger was so bad I was embarrassed to put a pic of it up on here.

I adjusted the sights, and here is the next shooting, 15 yards, standing, unsupported, 5 rounds.

Trigger pull
The Ruger has a nice crisp break. The Browning had a little more take up, but felt like a smoother pull. The Ruger was a little hard, the Browning just a tad lighter. Enough to tell a difference.

Hand Feel
The Ruger felt rock solid, like there was some substance to it. Very sturdy. The Browning was much lighter, felt more like a toy. The Browning sat in the hand better though, and it's action felt better as rounds were being ejected.
Sights
I had a hard time figuring out how to hold the Ruger sights, and could never get a sharp view. The Browning felt more natural with less anxiety about finding bulleye.
General Impression
I shot much much more accurately with the Browning, but felt like the Ruger was a more durable pistol.
Plans for the future
Keep both. Accurize and scope the Ruger, and enjoy the iron sights on the Browning
Here is a comparison shoot. 25 yards, Standing unsupported. Ruger on the left. Browning on the right. There is a penny and a 22LR casing for scale. Mighty small bullseyes. (I never said I was an eagle eye with a pistol..lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts