Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very glad I stumbled on to this forum. Every one here seems so nice, and willing to help out. That is a rare thing in our world. Anyway, I'm Ben. I live in Edmond, OK. In May I am graduating with a B.A. in Criminal Justice, and hope to become an Edmond Police Officer, and if my dad has his way, I will be attending law school in fall. I got my CCW last February, and have not quite got to the point where I can wear it everywhere (still afraid of printing). I have been reading the posts for the last five days and learned alot. I learned about the Tulsa Gun Show in April, and plan on attending it.

Nice to meet all of you!!!

BEN

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Nice to meet you Ben.
Good luck with LEO job.:wave:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hey Ben - good to have you join us :smile:

Good luck with your career.

·
Super Moderator
23,594 Posts
Welcome, BC! Edmond's a nice town - lived there six years. Are you a native of OK? Just curious, 'cause you didn't say "ya'll", but "you all". Good luck with school and your CHL. Law school's not a bad idea either - even though I don't really believe we need more - but the FBI likes attorneys.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us! :smile:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome

·
Administrator
143,595 Posts
Hi Ben

Thanks For Registering. :usflag:
Smart Move! :yup:
Happy to have you as one of us!

So...if you've been reading here for a week already...then you've read enough posts to know that you are mighty welcome to join right in.

We are extremely New Member Friendly!

Have fun!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hi Ben. One "trick" to concealed carry is the right holster. Unfortunately, you're likely to not find a decent one in a store. I think the best are custom jobs, there are plenty of world renound holster makers that frequent this forum. Kevin with K&D, Brommeland, and others. Look what they have.

One other thing to consider. Most people are "sheeple". They don't care, nor will they even notice you have a gun even if you open carry. Another method would be to open carry for a day and see how many people don't notice, or "freak out". Unfortunately, OK won't let you open carry, so that's out.

IWB conceals the easiest without layers of clothes. If you wear layers of clothes, you don't have a problem at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.