Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello eveybody...I guess I'm the newest guy on the board so I though it only fitting and proper to introduce myself. I'm an old retired U. S. Navy, CPO of 22 years 5 months and 10 days...then it stopped being fun!! Been shooting various guns for the last 40 years or so and if it goes "bang" I like it! Mainly interested in handguns although I've been known to do some long range prairie doggin' now and then. Started carrying "seriously" the last few years...and probably like most of you, still looking for that "perfect carrying piece!" So far I don't know what I like, but I sure do have lots of pieces in the gun safe that I don't!!! :) I've picked the name of "Phalanx" from the newest U.S. Navy Fire Control System because it shoots ALMOST AS FAST AS I DO!!

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
So you shoot at 4 to 6 K per huh?

Welcome aboard Phalanx, I hope you enjoy your time here.

BTW I found my "perfect" carry weapon and it's a 1911.

God Bless John Moses Browning.

·
Administrator
143,837 Posts
Welcome Nicky New Guy!

Thanks For Registering. :usflag:
"I'm an old retired U. S. Navy, CPO of 22 years 5 months and 10 days...then it stopped being fun!!"

Hey...How does it feel walking on dry land these days?
:0445:

Well, you found yourself a great forum & we're happy to have you here. Join right in! Nice people here. :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
welcome. I'd like to see ya shoot that fast.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome. New guy buys the first round of ammo:image035:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
if it goes "bang" I like it!
Haha - welcome aboard sir - a man after my (old) heart!!

I think most folks go thru quite a metamorphosis - voyage of discovery if you will - as over years we seek the ideal carry piece. So many factors involved for any given individual.

In the same way acparmed has found his niche with 1911, I think most of this year with my SIG 226 ST so have I found mine (apart from a short-term hiccup!).

Look fwd to some discussions.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Welcome Phalanx,

You'll like it here...lotsa like minded folks and good info. Ex-Navy myself...got out in '71 after 4 years aboard CVA-66. Enjoy your retirement...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for the big warm and fuzzy...sure does make a guy feel welcomed! As far as shooting fast, yes I do, in fact, back in my IPSC days I put quite a run on the old saying "You can't shoot fast enough to win!" I didn't win a whole lot, but I sure did get quite alot of attention when it was my turn to shoot. Mind you now, all shots were on the target...just a lot of C's and D's instead of A's! But all A's for style points...sure did look and sound good!!!

Looking forward to making all you're virtual acquintances!

Phalanx

P.S. The Mrs. justs laughs and says, "Yeah, I've seen you shoot!!!" :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Welcome aboard, Phalanx!:congrats:

Just did my "sign-on" post yesterday, myself. Glad to the the Navy is well-represented in this Forum.

More is BETTER!!!:wave:

mm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.