Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to panic buying, NICS keeps crashing. I’ve tried twice to bring home a 642, only to have the system crash before I can purchase one.

Stinking sheeple weirdos...

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
That sucks Recon1342
So glad the internet can keep up with all this.
The wife was trying to work from home this past week and the web kept cutting in and out to the point she said screw it and went int her office.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Sorry to hear that @Recon1342 It's too bad you're not here in Texas. Those with a License To Carry do not have to have background checks to buy a gun. In fact, since it is a state issued photo ID, you can even vote with it!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Here is a thought: How about if the "national instant check system" fails to generate a negative response within 24 hours the transaction is automatically authorized? Then let the enforcement arms deal with the tiny trickle of negatives (each of which is likely to be a felony criminal act, fully documented and easily prosecuted).

Okay, I am dwelling in a dream world of common sense and responsibility, not in the real world of placing every possible obstacle between the individual and his guaranteed constitutional rights.

Please forgive me.

·
Premium Member
4,557 Posts
Unless it's fake news, even the anti-gun Dems are buying guns because of the Chinese virus. They want our guns, but now think they need one afterall?

I happened to buy a M&P 45 shortly before the panic, and for a discounted price. I also bought some practice ammo and 45 acp HST+P's before the SHTF. I have dies, primers, powder, and will soon have empty cases. Reloading carries more benefits than one!

·
Registered
34,001 Posts
Sorry to hear that @Recon1342 It's too bad you're not here in Texas. Those with a License To Carry do not have to have background checks to buy a gun. In fact, since it is a state issued photo ID, you can even vote with it!
The Florida CWFL is not an ID, even with a photo. It does get one past the mandatory waiting period though. I concede one gun-friendly point to TX.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Due to panic buying, NICS keeps crashing. I’ve tried twice to bring home a 642, only to have the system crash before I can purchase one.

Stinking sheeple weirdos...
If you’re purchasing here in Idaho, your Idaho CWL takes the place of a NICS check.....

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Why on earth are you trying to buy a gun in the middle of all this *****, anyway? We all know the system is swamped due to panic buyers so you shouldn't be surprised. Unless there is some life or death reason you must have a 642 today leave it until things clear up and settle down then walk in and buy one easy peasy.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Why on earth are you trying to buy a gun in the middle of all this *****, anyway? We all know the system is swamped due to panic buyers so you shouldn't be surprised. Unless there is some life or death reason you must have a 642 today leave it until things clear up and settle down then walk in and buy one easy peasy.
I bought a rifle a couple of weeks ago on line on sale at a great price. That was before Wuhuan Flu made its dramatic debut nationally. It finally shipped yesterday and arrives at my FFL Tuesday. I sent him an email today advising I was in no hurry to get it as I was aware of the sometimes lengthy waits for NICS or in my case, the TN Instant Check System (TICS). I'm waiting to hear back what his experience has been with TICS this past week. But I'm guessing it could be weeks before I actually get the rifle.

Reactions: WC145

·
Registered
Various
15,563 Posts
Oregon has an instant background check through the Oregon State Police. On an average day, there are around ten people in the queue waiting for approval. At the worst time during the Obama panic buying, there was around 400 in the queue. Today, the queue was around 2,600 people buying guns in Oregon.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you’re purchasing here in Idaho, your Idaho CWL takes the place of a NICS check.....
I’m well aware. Mine lapsed a year ago. I’ve been a tad busy. In any case, NICS woke back up, the LGS called me, and I got my 642, at a discounted price...

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Years ago I bought a .22 rifle from Walmart without a CPL. Over an hour, between calling different workers and a manager and filing the proper documents.
I bought a .243 from Gander Mountain with a CPL. About 15 minutes, with the clerk trying to help another customer.
Local gun shop to buy an AR lower with a CPL? Under 5 minutes. Support your local gun shop!

(I wish I hadn't stored those guns on the boat. If only our lake wasn't so deep!)

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
I filled out the 4473 for my new SIG at about 11AM yesterday and I was told to expect 2-3 days. Imagine my surprise when I got the call at 10AM this morning that my approval had come through. I've only been living in NH for a little over a year though, and I don't know if it's done at the state or federal level up here.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My liberal friend just picked up his first firearm after waiting a week, I have been working on him for well over a year now. I guess the virus just pushed him into the local gun store. I know, he is liberal/brainwashed.......but I am working on him and his eyes are starting to open.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
My liberal friend just picked up his first firearm after waiting a week, I have been working on him for well over a year now. I guess the virus just pushed him into the local gun store. I know, he is liberal/brainwashed.......but I am working on him and his eyes are starting to open.
Be a good teacher, Tenring.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Years ago I bought a .22 rifle from Walmart without a CPL. Over an hour, between calling different workers and a manager and filing the proper documents.
I bought a .243 from Gander Mountain with a CPL. About 15 minutes, with the clerk trying to help another customer.
Local gun shop to buy an AR lower with a CPL? Under 5 minutes. Support your local gun shop!

(I wish I hadn't stored those guns on the boat. If only our lake wasn't so deep!)
I know what you mean. The lake is also very muddy on the bottom, and that's deep too.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Wyoming is Constitutional Carry. I have not gotten around to getting one for traveling outside Wyoming. I am kind of enjoying not having to buy a permission slip from uncle fudd. If Idaho passes its current bill to allow carry for everyone in the state and not just residents than there is even less reason to get one since several of my kids still live in Idaho where I raised them.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Unless it's fake news, even the anti-gun Dems are buying guns because of the Chinese virus. They want our guns, but now think they need one afterall?

I happened to buy a M&P 45 shortly before the panic, and for a discounted price. I also bought some practice ammo and 45 acp HST+P's before the SHTF. I have dies, primers, powder, and will soon have empty cases. Reloading carries more benefits than one!
They want our "assault weapons" and "hi cap" mags. They're okay with our guns .. At least that's how my liberal co-workers who own guns feel.

·
Registered
34,001 Posts
I was at my LGS earlier this week and passed my background check pretty quickly. When I keep hearing about how long they're taking now I feel like I was on the last chopper out of Vietnam.
Beats being the guy who just missed the last chopper out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts