Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week we ordered a G43 for my wife. The distributor my LGS buys through said there were no G43s with factory night sights, so they ordered a set of Trijicon night sights to be installed at the store. The pistol arrived and they attempted to install them, but they did not work. They were unsure as to whether the sights were not properly machined or the slide. The guy who I am dealing with is not in today, but he has spoken to Trijicon and also plans to call Glock tomorrow. Has anyone else bumped into a problem like this?

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These aren't HDs, just the standard sights.

·
Registered
311 Posts
You could always sand off the bottom of the sight with paper, I'm assuming it's the dove tail being too tight. I m not a fan of the caveman method using a punch get a sight pusher.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have no problem using a punch on normal sights... but with night sights you want a sight pusher. If you damage the tritium vial then you are out a bunch of money for a sight that doesn't glow. I've installed several different kinds of sights on my Glocks and did have to do some sanding to the bottom of the dovetail on the sight until it fit properly.

I know that you already have your sights in hand... but I highly recommend that you check out the Ameriglo CAP sight. It is a tritium front sight with a bright painted outline in the shape of a square, and then a low profile rear with just a simple line at the bottom of the sight. Generally very cheap to buy and it is a highly visible sight in all light conditions. One of the only ones that shows up really well in indoor ranges. Much like a Trijicon HD sight, but with a square outline and a lower profile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts