Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my P2000, there were TRUGLO sights, if I recall correctly; I don't know the model. I really liked them and wouldn't mind having a set for my Glock 23. However, I'm open to other options. I want three green dots that have a low, sleek profile. They need to work in no light. That's about it. DC, what are your suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
My Trijicons work perfectly on my Glock-36...:yup:

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I like Meprolights, they're really bright!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I have some Trijicons on some of my Glocks, but I have Meprolights on all of my newest additions. I'll continue to go with Meprolights from now on. They are less expensive, and larger and brighter IMO, and I seem to hit better with them as opposed to stock sights, or the Trijicons.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
All of my Glocks have the TFO from Tru-GLo. They glow day or night and I've only seen one bad set ( one side of a rear sight on a customer's gun died) out of 20 or so installed for customers. Without the fiber optic of the Tru Glos, I don't think there's a lot of difference between manufacturers of conventional night sights. A Tritium dot is a Tritium dot.

TRUGLO - The World's Most Advanced Line of Fiber Optic Sights

·
Super Moderator
24,201 Posts
I have matching Tru-Glo's on all of my Glocks. The FO helps the eyes in low light too.

I have a set of Trijicons about four years old that were factory installed on my Glock 17. I'd entertain an offer of $30.00 or so, plus shipping if you'd like - they will fit your Glock. Shoot me a PM if interested.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After seeing a set of Meprolights, I recognize them as the ones on my P2000. That's what I got.

Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
If I have a traditional 3 dot sight, I definitely prefer a contrasting color on the front sight. It does quicken the sight alignment.

Lately I've been enjoying the vertical alignment of the XS Big Dots I have on my XD9sc. For me, and according to scientific studies it is quicker for the eye to align.

·
Registered
243 Posts
+1 for TRU-GLO TFO'S Best all Around SD Sites I ever owned I hear there about to come out with them for the 1911 thats what they told me anyway

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Not trying to change your preferences. But, after installing night sights on several pistols, I REALLY like contrasting colors front-to-rear. Or go with bar-dot (rather than three-dot) if you want the same color. In the dark, in a hurry, I just never want to be deciding which of three identical dots is...the front sight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts