Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Glock 27 is well on it's way to becoming my EDC. Can anyone tell me what my options are for night sights? I don't think I want to go with the laser option. Price is a consideration also.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Trijicons...I have 'em on my Glocks.:yup::hand10:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have the Trijicons and also a laser. I like having them on there since it's an extra way to line up your sights even during the day. Of course having the laser of pretty much foolproof as long as you don't run out of batteries.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
trijicons is what i got on my glocks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I have seen the suggestion that they be professionally installed. What's involved? I'm pretty mechanical.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
AmeriGlo Pro Operators green/yellow. I can't recall it now but there is a coupon code floating around out there for 25% off making them about $70-$75 shipped.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Don't forget to look a the XS sights. i have the small (regular) front sight, and it's really fast. Just dot the I and go.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Novak Style Trijicons! :wink:

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Don't forget to look a the XS sights. i have the small (regular) front sight, and it's really fast. Just dot the I and go.
+1 - I run XS Big Dots on my G27.

Novak rear trijicons are my choice for a traditional night sight.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Actually, I like the Meprolight night sights over the Trijicons. And they are generally about $10 cheaper on the set. Your local gunsmith may charge you $15-$25 to install. Unless you have the specific tools to do the install yourself, and despite what you find on youtube.......I suggest getting them put on by a pro. No sense in throwing away $70-$80. Since you listed price as a consideration, EBay has some listings for several of the brands of night sights from time to time. Just read the descriptions carefully, and the born-on date. Typical tritium night sights should last you ten years or more depending.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm replacing some old burned out PT night sights on one of mine very soon.
I like Trijicon better than Meprolight. I like the white ring.

Green and yellow sights are warranted for 12 years.
Orange lamps only carries a 5 year warranty.

I'm totally against the "ramped" rear Novak style, because I can't rack the slide on my belt/buckle/pocket/shoe sole/corner of a brick wall/etc. ... since I can't get them to snag on any of them. But, that's just me using 1-hand to operate the weapon.

I'm looking at TruGlo BRITE•SITE™ HANDGUN SERIES TRITIUM FIBER OPTIC
But looking for something NOT ramped on the rear sight.

I REFUSE to buy any cool-looking "Snag-resistant design" when I need to snag them to rack the slide with one hand.
I worry less about snagging a sight when reholstering than being able to clear a jam/stovepipe whatever or doing a "tap rack bang" with just 1 hand in an emergency situation.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I'm a big fan ot the TFOs from Tru Glo. All my Glocks have them and I've installed several sets for customers and seen only one lamp fail. You can install the rear yourself with a brass punch if you're careful, but ideally you need a sight pusher tool. The front sight comes with a tiny little socket to fit the little nut on the bottom.

Log On | TRUGLO, Inc.

·
Registered
38,230 Posts
My two cents worth - I picked up a Glock with Trijicon sights and didn't like them at all. I'm not a fan of white-dotted sights (they disappear against too many backgrounds to me) and the little white ring made them all the worse for daytime use. The sights might as well have been blacked out. I'm not too sure they're of any real advantage in a dim light, dimly lit target scenario. I just put a spot of flourescent paint over my white sights and it makes a big difference.
There's my 2 cents woth. If you got a dollar, you might be able to get a cup of coffee with it all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like the Glock sights that come with the pistol just wish they made night sights in that design. The way Glock has made them, is faster targeting/sighting imo....to each his own I guess

·
Registered
88 Posts
I like the Glock sights that come with the pistol just wish they made night sights in that design. The way Glock has made them, is faster targeting/sighting imo....to each his own I guess
I agree, plus I can snag the originals almost as well as tactical sights, and I like them too for sight aquisiton, wish I hadn't put PT night sights on my 19, but replacing them soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts