Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Just wondering how many of you have night sights on your carry weapon?
Is it worth it? I am guessing it probably is but was wondering what people thought...

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Two of my SIG's have the SIG installed night sights - and all three SIG's have CT grips - all to further expand the options.

Most of the time night sights for me are simply ''there'' and not really noticed - until that is at night when the gun sits on floor by bed - there is this mild green glow! :smilez:

I do believe they are useful but maybe not essential - as sighted shooting may often not be practicable - but IIRC my extra cost with my EDC 226 ST was only about $40 which seemed a good value option.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I wouldn't carry without them. There is a good chance that if you ever need to use your weapon in self defense (God forbid) that it will be in a low light situation. My Kimber has the Meprolight night sights and they are great. Very visable in low light.

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
I like night sights and think they are very important in your self defence gear. If expense is a factor to you have at least the front sight night sighted. You will at least be able to see where you are aiming at in low light conditions.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I added "TruGlo TFO" sights to my Glock 26 and love them. They are both tritium and fiber optic, so you get the best of both worlds day or night. Rather than green front and rear, I special ordered a set through Cabela's that are yellow rear and green front. I highly recommend them for carry.

http://www.truglo.com/content/prod_handgun_sights/tritium_fiber_optic.asp

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yes on night sights, first thing I did with the Kimber Ultra Carry II after I bought it was to send the slide in to Kimber's custom shop for the installation of the sights.

Also have it fitted with CT grips. Each to his own I guess, bit I like having all the options available to me that I can.

If nothing else, the glow from the night sights lets me clearly identify exactly where my gun is if I wake up to a loud noise in the middle of the night..... and I believe that most BG's will know what that red dot on their center mass means.

All my handguns have CT grips, including the one I gave to my son shortly after he turned 21 and received his CHL. I also have night sights on most of them, I believe a couple of the snubby wheel guns don't.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Im with kid1911 on this one, I find them a bit distracting as well. I have my sights highlighted with white paint and that works fairly well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went with Meprolight N/S(I wanted Novaks Low Mount N/S) and had them installed at the time I bought my Springfield XD40SC. It's the only handgun in my collection with N/S.
I personally believe that it is important to have the N/S on my CCW. I have fired it in low-light conditions and have found it to be useful.
If I everget another handgun I will make sure they get N/S. IMO

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been thinking that I should get some on at least one of my guns. I posted earlier on thinking about the G30 as my next purchase. I bought it today and while at the store they said the night sights, with installation, were 85 bucks. I have been carrying the cz rami as my primary CCW but now that I got the new glock I might be carrying that. THink night sights would be a good thing on it especially when it sits in my night stand.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Yes, I have night sights on my Sig. I like the fact that they are easy to see when my pistol is on the nightstand. I always know where the gun is.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same thing here, I have placed my CCW with N/S on the nightstand next to my nightstand gun and those glowing N/S sure make it easy to find.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
My SIG 220 has the factory night sights. However my Kahr PM40 has the standard dot and post Sig style sights. I might add a night sight to the fron though.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
My SIG P229 SAS came with a night sight on the front only.

I also put night sights on my SIG P226R. :yup:

·
Registered
569 Posts
My G27 has the TRu-Glo TFO's. These are awesome and they were specially put together with yellow on the rear and grean on the front for Gary Brommeland. He is selling them at a great price. I absolutely love them. They not only work great at low light but in reg light they catch all the light and bam you have no sighting issues with these.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts