Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
My novak's don't show the green glow in daylight , but have a gold ring along the outer edge of the insert that really does shows up well .

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
None of them show up very well in bright sunlight.

But as rocky said most night sights have a colored ring most are white around the vials so you have a basic 3 dot sight set in broad daylight

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Yep - same here - my SIG sights show no glow in other than very subdued light - near dark really.

Rest of time, just the effect of very light dots - not a bad compromize/combination.

On floor at night tho - a muted but detectable green (cosy!) glow :smilez:

·
Registered
540 Posts
The guys are right, they don't show up. That's why I installed Tru-Glows TFO. It's a combination of Tritium and fiber optic light gathering.
They glow very brightly in the daylight. It's the Fiber optic though.

They are nice but have jumped in price to about 100 bucks

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
dpesec said:
The guys are right, they don't show up. That's why I installed Tru-Glows TFO. It's a combination of Tritium and fiber optic light gathering.
They glow very brightly in the daylight. It's the Fiber optic though.

They are nice but have jumped in price to about 100 bucks
You can get TRUGLO-TFOs at Natchez Shooters Supplies for around $80 plus shipping. I have them on my P229 and I love them. Sight picture doesn't change much (if at all) going from daylight to night.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The night sights on my SIG do not show up during day light settings. However the white dots around the tritium capsules are really visible.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
same with the meps on my glock and HK, nice white 3dot group in daylight, and love that green glow in low/no light

·
Registered
698 Posts
I just recently installed TFO's, Tritium/Fiber Optic Handfun Sights on my XD-45. The fiber optics work great in the daylight literally making them glow, the tririum vials light them up at night. The combination of the two work great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts