Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a lot of discussion on what is your carry gun. I usually carry an XD 9 Service or a GLOCK 23. However my night stand gun (and still my first love) is a S&W model 65 357 magnum loaded with 158 gr HP.
What do you keep by your bed side.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
i switch it right now on old ladys side of bed is a ruger p-90 45 on my side is my glock 17 proble switch it to my use again soon..

Forgot i got a 12 gauge pump by myside

·
Registered
236 Posts
1911 and 12 ga. pump on my side, 12 ga. pump on wifes side! I pity the fool...

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
On the headboard of my bed is my Kimber CDP Compact. That's were it resides when it's not on my hip. Under the edge of the bed on the far side from the bedroom door is my Mossberg 500, loaded cruiser mode with 2 3/4" 00 Buck.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Bedside....

country85 said:
There has been a lot of discussion on what is your carry gun. I usually carry an XD 9 Service or a GLOCK 23. However my night stand gun (and still my first love) is a S&W model 65 357 magnum loaded with 158 gr HP. What do you keep by your bed side.
Right now it's either my Glcok M27 or my Sig P245. Whatever is there MUST have night sights! I'm in the process of saving for my very first "dedicated bedside gun," a Sig P220ST .45 with CT Lasergrips and a SureFire X200 gun light for the rail. This won't be something I use for CCW but it may come along on vacations as backup for my P245.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
H&K P7 and or 1911 series 45. <thinking> hmmmm..then again, if I could get away with it....Remington Mod 48 12" BBL or an MP5 (but that's a No-No) sure would look nice in the pitch black using tracer now wouldn't it? :eek:

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Nighthawk Enforcer .45acp is my carry gun and my headboard gun as well. The Winchester Defender is in the bathroom which is where I will make my stand if given the opportunity.

·
Administrator
143,816 Posts
My Bed E Bye Gun

Is usually any 1911 of mine...because they always work...they point perfectly...the bullet is big and the muzzle flash is not real "flamethrowerish" (is that a word?) :confused:

·
Registered
38 Posts
My Springfield 1911 and my S & W Model 29 .44 .............not paranoid, but I like em close by

·
Registered
940 Posts
One of my Sig 226s with night sights and a S&W M65 .357.

The night sights are a *big* plus - you can clearly see the gun in the dark when groping for it even if it's pitch black.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Bumper said:
Nighthawk Enforcer .45acp is my carry gun and my headboard gun as well. The Winchester Defender is in the bathroom which is where I will make my stand if given the opportunity.

Yeah...the bathroom! I know that'd be a good place for me cause I think I'd probably lose control of my bowels in the process! :tongue:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
I keep my carry gun in my nightstand. So I both a S&W 624 and SA 1911 are in the bedside drawer right now. However the primary H-D gun for in the bedroom is a 12ga pump. Either an 870 or Mossy 500. The wife keeps a pea shooter on her side as well.

-Scott-

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
"FlamethowerISH?"

QKShooter said:
Is usually any 1911 of mine...because they always work...they point perfectly...the bullet is big and the muzzle flash is not real "flamethrowerish" (is that a word?) :confused:
I don't think (I'll use the NEW word) Flamethrowerish is a product of the gun used, but more of the AMMO used in any gun. Some loads are "low flash" and some produce more flash, especially when used in darkness. I think that one of the big gun magazines did an article on this some years ago. MagSafe in particular uses the "low flash" as part of their product description.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
not on the nightstand, but 3 ft. from me, in the safe, an AR 15 with mounted light ,12 ga. and a .40 cal. pistol.

·
Registered
135 Posts
One of my 1911's in the nightstand and a Rem 870 in the closet. All my other guns are locked up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My carry gun is a H&K 9mm comp. My nightstand/home gun is a H&K .45cal, along with his friends; Mr. Bushmaster AR-15 & Ms. Winchester 1300 12 ga. :biggrin:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I keep the GL 27 in the nightstand, and the GL 22 on top of the refrigerator, just in case for those "late night raids". :essen2:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Another for carry piece. My 226ST with night sights and CT's, comes of last thing - but not on to nightstand. I put it down on floor, pointing ''downrange'' and ready so that an arm dangled down side finds it instantly. More discrete I feel if anyone watching.

Wife's house gun is nearby but not as rapidly accessible.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts