·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has no one ever bought from them???

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
I haven't seen them out anywhere but expect that someone is making them for them and they are marketing them under their name.
Call them and ask them and you can tell if they are worthwhile....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't seen them out anywhere but expect that someone is making them for them and they are marketing them under their name.
Call them and ask them and you can tell if they are worthwhile....

NHC makes there own leathers. They began this 6/09.

Here is a review I found:

Nighthawk Custom for ... Gun Leather? - M1911.ORG E-zine

----- Original Message ----
To: XXXX
Sent: Fri, January 15, 2010 2:52:06 PM
Subject: RE: Leathers?

Al,
We build them all right here in Berryville Ark. At the shop.
IWB -149.95
Companion 129.95
Pouch 39.95
Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well reading the review the guy who wrote it seems to say they are made in the shop at the company. I don't see anything that strikes me as a wow awsome job but they do have some good looking stuff and without putting my hands on it, I would say it looks pretty good. Some of the exotics look nice, not my style but nice(and price is pretty sky high).

That said from what I've seen from some of the other super top shelf guys it looks under their level of finish work but I figure if they make good stuff they will still be around after a while(hard to judge from photos). If they don't then people won't buy it and there won't be anything to talk about;)

Luke

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Copies, Knock Offs, I wouldn't be surprised if they said made in Taiwan on them.
I don't think Nighthawk would have emailed me with false information. That would destroy the companies credibility.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Before I bought my Pure Kustom...I bought one of there OWB's...I wanted one quick and they are in ARK...I got it the next day...pretty well made...but I couldn't conceal a full size 1911 to save my life...the butt stuck out at a weird angle...they were very nice about returning it..said it was probably my belt...It didn't do it on the PK or anyother holster that I've worn since. It wasn't bad quality...I think it is WAY overpriced...and I didn't see a made in Tawian stamp on it. The way the butt stuck out you could tell I was carrying when I walked into the room...I was very disappointed... it also didn't have enough forward cant... the PK solved my 1911 issues... hope this helps..Robbie

·
Registered
454 Posts
I also inquired about a couple of exotic skinned ones and he told me they would be in in a couple of weeks..which leads me to believe that they don't make them in house....I believe I read somewhere that Badger Leather in MO was making them for them...but don't quote me...

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I'd rather my custom gun builder stick to guns and let the leathermasters make my holsters.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Credibility about what? That they are making them or that they are copies?

That they are making them here in house NOT being imported or outsourced..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think it really matters where they are made. Their credibility is tarnished for making holsters, that are copies of a well known holster maker. They are Knock Offs!! There is nothing credible about that.
I think your holsters are definitely an exception. There seem to be many knock offs now a days. At least to me many of them appear very similar.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
I think your holsters are definitely an exception. There seem to be many knock offs now a days. At least to me many of them appear very similar.
Thank you ajgranda, There are alot of knock offs. To me it is kind of disrespectfull. What bothers me most is that NHC is a very well known company. For them to make the claims about their custom holsters and for them to be nothing but copies isn't right.

Most industries don't condone this type of practice. But many in the custom gun leather market (makers and consumers) seems to look the other way. It isn't very cool.

Best Regards
Rocky

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems some one is a little jealous of Nighthawk! I am sick of pure kustoms bad mouthing Nighthawk! Nighthawk is a wonderful company and so is all their products. that is why they are so successful! If you are saying that they are copying holsters then you must be refering to every one in the business because some one has copied off of another in some way or another! Your company will never amount to any thing compared to what Nighthawk has and what they have accomplished! instead of making remarks about how their holsters prolly say made in Taiwan why dont you turn your attention to your own business and how you could make it better along with your attitude. Dont be jealous of nighthawks success.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Seems some one is a little jealous of Nighthawk! I am sick of pure kustoms bad mouthing Nighthawk! Nighthawk is a wonderful company and so is all their products. that is why they are so successful! If you are saying that they are copying holsters then you must be refering to every one in the business because some one has copied off of another in some way or another! Your company will never amount to any thing compared to what Nighthawk has and what they have accomplished! instead of making remarks about how their holsters prolly say made in Taiwan why dont you turn your attention to your own business and how you could make it better along with your attitude. Dont be jealous of nighthawks success.
^Works for Nighthawk... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts